cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP Won't Assign

ashhitch

Static IP Won't Assign

Hi
I have been given a static IP, however I still get a different IP every time i connect  Cry
I have tried:

• Pludnets DNS servers and Googles,

• Turning the router off for a bit

• Telling the router the IP address (does not connect) and letting the router get it

• PPPoA and PPPoE Encapsulation

Its a Netgear DG834G router if that any help
Anybody had this before?Huh
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Static IP Won't Assign

Option 1 - and favoured - they screwed up  Shocked
ashhitch

Thought that might be the case Tongue
Forgot to say they have already tried 'refresh' the IP.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It looks like something is incorrectly configured as I can't get the IP to activate properly, this may be due to a configuration issue following your move from V@H to Plusnet. For the time being I'm going to raise an internal problem to get this looked at, ensure you don't get charged for the £5 fee for adding a static IP and put a dynamic IP back on your account so you can continue to connect.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ashhitch

Ok, that's a bit disappointing, is there an ETA on this?
When I moved from V@H the reason I kept with Plusnet was because you offered a static IP.
Chris
Legend

Unfortunately no ETA at the moment, you're the only person that's actually mentioned this to us so we only have 1 example therefore it's not going to be a really high priority.
I'm sure there is a way we could do this for you, but it would more than likely mean a new username and email address for you as we'd have to create a completely new Plusnet account for this to work.
internal problem 71128
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris - while not the same problem as 'ashhitch', I also have a static address related problem.
I have ALWAYS had a block of four static IP addresses, and my account IS correctly connected, and IS using the expected STATIC IP addresses.
However, when I log into the "Member Centre" to check my settings, the page INCORRECTLY shows -

I have on at least two occasions raised tickets to have this corrected, which seems to fix it for a short time - but then returns.
I thought I would just mention it, in case there were more general static IP related problems - whether setting or reporting !
Just PLEASE don't mess with my static address block, as they are working perfectly - it is just the setting/reporting page which is wrong.
Chris
Legend

@purleigh,
That's actually quite an easy one for me to fix, the issue is that your account will have the IP block on it but also have a dynamic one.
Does it look right now?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris - YES that is now fixed and reporting what I would expect to see - THANKSSmiley
Is there a reason why it keeps going wrong ?. because as I said I have had it fixed at least twice previously and then next time I check (months later) it will have gone wrong again.
Chris
Legend

Honestly not sure why it changes on your account, the way I've fixed it means it shouldn't happen again. However if it does, just give me a shout and I'll take a look and see if I can find out why and fix it again.
ashhitch

Quote from: Chris
Unfortunately no ETA at the moment, you're the only person that's actually mentioned this to us so we only have 1 example therefore it's not going to be a really high priority.
I'm sure there is a way we could do this for you, but it would more than likely mean a new username and email address for you as we'd have to create a completely new Plusnet account for this to work.
internal problem 71128

I would be more then happy todo this. I have never used that email account.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI ashhitch,
I just need to double check that there would be no other issue doing this. I'll look into this in the morning and get back to you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your time on the phone. I've set the ball rolling so someone will call you shortly Smiley
ashhitch

Quote from: Joanne
Thanks for your time on the phone. I've set the ball rolling so someone will call you shortly Smiley

Just want to say thanks to JoJo and Sue for sorting my problems out, a very swift switch for my V@H account to a full Plustnet account, with not drop in service, and I now have a static IP.
Thanks again  Smiley
Ash