cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Rate has dropped

Azagoth
Grafter

Stable Rate has dropped

Could someone please explain why my Stable rate has dropped to 2500 from it's usual 7000 (ish).  I always sync at 7616/448 and due to this [Censored] stable rate my connection is absolutely dire, I mean I can only get about 2.5Mb now which quite frankly is ridiculous considering I'm always getting between 5Mb & 6.5Mb normally.
Can you please fix it.  I don't pay for a slow connection, I pay for a decent one.
5 REPLIES 5
craig_p
Grafter

Re: Stable Rate has dropped

you should think yourself lucky.  I pay 21.99per month and am only getting 3.5 to 4.0 max speed on a good day!!!!!due to line length and conditions. 
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Bearing in mind the recent weather conditions, it might be entirely possible that your phone line might have been affected, or an item of hardware has gone faulty.
It could be worth rebooting your router/modem to see if the sync comes back up
Don't forget though that you are paying for a "Up to 8Mb" connection, so line speeds will vary, and it is entirely out of control of PlusNet
have you also looked at this post?
Roger.
Azagoth
Grafter

No, I'm still syncing at 7616/448 and connected at 7.6Mb as I always am.  It's the stable rate that's dropped and that is limiting my speed. 
My hardware is fine and my phone line is also fine.  Only yesterday I was downloading files at 7Mb, I boot the PC up today to find that this has occurred..
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

have you had a quick look at the portal to see what your Maximum Stable rate is?Huh
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
It might have been a blip and it'll take a few days for the IP profile to pick up again..
James
Grafter

Hi Azagoth,
On 19/01/2008 05:51:20 your sync speed sunk (hrhr) or dropped to 2848Kbps, causing your profile to drop to 2500Kbps.
You have seen resynced at a higher level and as such, your profile went back upto 6500Kbps.
This is replicated at our end, but you may need to reboot your hardware to see the reimproved speeds.