cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds

john50
Grafter

Speeds

My broadbands been active for 9 days now (I know the 10/14 day settle down bit) however could someone try to explain in words of one syllable  Cheesy ( I'm thick as 2 short planks when it comes to speed issues)
how come my speed has never really moved from 0.5  but with my previous provider it always sat at 1.95-2 m
I know I'm a fair way away from the exchange and most checkers say max is 512k although I did get a max possible speed  of 2 m from one of the BT sites.
1.5 m difference might not seem a lot to some but its a lot to me, next time I move remind me to buy a flat on top of the exchange  Shocked
5 REPLIES 5
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speeds

I'll have a quick look for you...
Edit: It's a simple case of a low sync on a long line. If the router's currently in the master socket, please move it to the test socket. If it's not in the master socket then please move it there, reply to this thread and I'll re-test for you.
john50
Grafter

Hi Ben
Thanks for the prompt reply as always, I don't have a test socket behind the master its just a ordinary socket (always been like it I have wondered about changing it)
However I've now plugged the router into that socket luckily I 've a long ethernet cable  Smiley
I'm not sure if it will make any odds as the original setup was exactly the same with my previous provider
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your sync has increased from 672 to 1600 which will get you a 1250 profile in 24-72 hours. There's a little headroom available if we reduce your target SNR, I'll need to re-start your training in period if that's OK with you? You should leave the router in the master socket as the connection's much better there. You may notice some disconnections but may end up back around the 2mbps mark.
john50
Grafter

Thanks Ben consider the router left where it is now and restart the training period for me 
I would also like to say I really am impressed with the support from Plusnet, quick efficent responses to all the daft little queries I've had unlike my previous providers who pass you round from pillar to post without ever manageing to answer your original  question 
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad to hear that we've made a good impression Smiley
I've re-started your training in period so you will see a few drops and fluctuating speeds but hopefully you'll settle in a little higher in a few days and see everything stabiliser after 7-10 days or so.
Please report back and let us know how it goes Smiley