Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds slowing by the day

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Speeds slowing by the day

Smiley
I suspected that Plusnet Assist was maybe aimed at the non PC savvy. FYI I'm a software developer for a very large company and there's not much about PC's that foxes me. Having said that it's taken me a while to understand what's going on here. At the moment, touch wood, I'm running quite smoothly and my SNR graph is also still quite smooth at 3dB. Only time will tell.
I'm running Win7 32bit and RouterStat is running from "C:\Program Files\RouterStats-Lite\RouterStatsLite.exe" with the data being written to "D:\Data\RouterStat\" (separate partition).
I've had the PC on all day so far and I think it is saving graphs as I have an unexpected 10:40 jpg.
Latest noise graph attached.

Let's be careful out there !
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There've been a lot of disparaging remarks about Plusnet Assist Shocked  which is why I won't even contemplate putting it on my machine(s), as other knowledgeable folk that have tried it, say it doesn't uninstall cleanly either.
I suspect that this RSL problem is a privileges issue, which is why the suggestion was to install in Root, rather than Program Files.
Quote from: Routerstats
RouterStats-Lite runs ok in Vista but you must select "Run As Administrator" from the desktop shortcut icon.

I suspect the same applies to Windows 7,  I don't use it so don't know,  but pointing you in the right direction, I'm sure you'll sort it now. I don't know what the defaults are on Root in Win7. Is the Security Permissions on the Data folder OK as well?
I tend to save in All Users, so I can access stuff from anywhere on my network if I chose, but you might not want that in case other family members accidentally delete something.
Edit: If it was saving OK, as I guess you started it at 0549 from the Event log, then there should be graphs at 0749, 0949, 1149, 1349 etc. or there abouts.
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro

I'll check what permissions it has in the shortcut. It should run OK though as I have full Admin rights across the whole of the PC.
I'm now in a 'time will tell' situation as to whether Saturdays outage has any effect. all day Sunday though it was still rock solid and the sync speed stayed in the 6000+ area. As usual it will be next Saturday when I get an opportunity to see whether I've had any outages and what's my latest speed.
Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

So it did or didn't save any graphs?
Anotherone
Champion

If you are still having a problem getting it to save 2 hourly graphs, I have another solution you can use.
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro

I'd like to give Plusnet some praise.
They refused to give up on my problem and a couple of weeks ago they organised some line tests and a few tweaks and since then it's been fine.
I've now had almost 2 weeks of 6.5Mbps sync speed with an actual reported download speed of 5.5Mbps which is the maximum I'm ever going to get with my exchange distance.
SNR is running at a very slightly fluctuating 3.3dB to 3.5dB but I now seem to have a very stable connection  Smiley
Also thanks to Anotherone who gave me lots of diagnostic and connection tips  Smiley
Final job this weekend is to replace my main PC to router connection from Netgear Powerline to CAT6
Proper Job