Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed

Redmarshall
Grafter

Re: Speed

Good morning
I am still waiting for PN and BT to sort out a visit but I have just started using RouterStats-Lite and got this reading for Noise Margin

Does anyone know if there a simple explanation please?
Thanks
John
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi John,
Looks quite simple to me, you've got an intermittent noisey line due to a dud joint or two. You've lost sync so many times now your target snr has gone to 15dB. Once your line is properly repaired, request your target snr is reset to 6dB (or whatever setting you had with your stable line).
Best of Luck.
scootie
Grafter

When the useless BT have sorted the copper line and joints out you should get snr graph more like this one. the slight dip near the start of this graph is where i have bein on the phone and hung up. i dont know if this is the case with every ones line but these happens every time.
this was captured during the evening when snr will get abit up and down but not much and in the morning you should  see a near perfect straight line.
my snr is 12 default but i set it this high to lower my profile to get a stable interleaving off gaming line on a 2.5mb line.
Hope you get your line sroted soon and as for pn least they help you fix problems like this most other isp's would just say its your fault and not help you out.
Redmarshall
Grafter

Good afternoon
Just thought I would bring this post up to date.
I have had two Openreach engineers out (one overground and one underground!!!).
They have changed the main socket in my house and also swapped some wires running from the main green junction box (about 300 metres away) to the underground junction box in the pavement outside my house - all to no avail  Cry Cry
I am still waiting further action from PN & BT but have just created a graph of my thinkbroadband speed tests.
http://www.redmarshall.plus.com/speed.pdf
It is now over two months since I joined PN - surely it can't go on much longer!
Thanks for the replies - I am sure ChrisE (Anotherone) and Asbo Dog are correct in that there is a bad connection/cable somewhere!
John