Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed slower

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speed slower

Ah, thanks for explaining. Perhaps if you'd referenced my post, or pointed out you were rephrasing what had already been said, it might help to avoid any possible confusion?
Regarding the reporting error, I'm not sure this is worth worrying about at present given that the speed has increased to the level it is currently (somewhat above what the BT engineer advised would be possible on the line) and is also likely something that will most likely change on the next resync or reboot of the router.
Fully appreciate what you're saying about previous problems but given that things have improved (and further, improved as our faults agents advised things would do) it may be worth going with that and letting things settle before searching for any remaining issues. Anything serious will no doubt make itself very apparent in short order.
@Kaotik - Not sure about that one. I believe the reset that the engineer did should have reset that and let it retrain, but that may not be the case.
I'd rather leave things until tomorrow before attempting any changes if that's alright, but I'll check the profile first thing tomorrow and reset it if nothing's changed if that's okay with you?
KaotiK
Grafter

Yea thats fine with me
thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KaotiK,
I've done some tests and the profile on your line has gone up to 6500 so I've matched that on our side, hope you're seeing that speed - if not please let me know and I'll reset the profile as I mentioned above.
It looks like interleaving has also been removed from the line so that should improve speeds a bit too.
Hope things are working much better for you, please let us know Smiley
KaotiK
Grafter

Yea speed are 6mb plus now thanks. I hope it stays like this now!!
In regards to interleaving is that off now? cuz theres no improvement in my ping, its still 40+
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's showing you're on Fastpath at the moment, as of this morning. If you look at the router stats, do you see any FEC errors?
KaotiK
Grafter

FEC errors? no idea what they are or where to find them? do you mean the line stats things ive pasted before?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That is what he meant, but I think he's forgotten your modem/router doesn't appear to (readily anyway) report the errors. If it does, they may be called RScorrected errors instead, but if you can't see any such figures I wouldn't worry about it.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Anotherone
I think he's forgotten your modem/router doesn't appear to (readily anyway) report the errors

Can't see it mentioned in this thread, though I have to admit I haven't looked over all the others to check. The information posted looks like it came from a Netgear, I'm not sure if those errors are on a different page to the status pop up though - been a while since I played with a Netgear.
@KaotiK The report I checked should be fine regarding interleaving, and it's definitely showing off at the moment as I posted earlier.
KaotiK
Grafter

hmmmm well maybe interleaving has changed or something then cuz my ping is the standard interleaved ping, 38-50. It used to be 20 when i moved here.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah, looks like it's turned itself on now that the stats have updated following the SNR reset. I've placed an order to turn it off for you (actually off, not to Auto) but that won't complete until Monday I'm afraid.
KaotiK
Grafter

ah cool ok, as long as its gonna be off Cheesy
KaotiK
Grafter

Looks like its off now as my ping has been 20 all day, however the last like 10 mins ive dropped connection like 5 times in quick succession..still doing it to :S was fine all day. Hope its a temp problem and doesnt ruin my speed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Likewise, though it's possible that the interleaving was stopping some drops at the speed you were at and you may well have that reduced now it's been removed. It shouldn't be a great deal though, should still be plenty to play online.
We'll keep an eye on things, but let us know if it does get too bad and we'll see what we can do.