cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed slower and slower

Leewarren

Speed slower and slower

I had an issue with my broadband dropping out, called support and a very helpful engineer came out and fixed the problem, including installing a new box on the wall with built in filter. All good, right? I was getting 12-13mbps speeds prior to this (I live near the exchange) and now I’m lucky if I get 5.5 - it’s really poor and I can’t stream anything
9 REPLIES 9
philcole

Re: Speed slower and slower

Do you know if the engineer did any form of reset on the connection?  If so, it can take 10 days (according to the engineer who visited me last week) for the connection to stabilise.  If it's over 10 days, I'd raise it with support again, and they'll be able to perform a speed check themselves and see if there's something wrong.  If it's under 10 days, it's probably best to wait and hope that it'll sort itself out.

Hope the speed does improve for you - either by itself, or through Support's help.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If this is ADSL a reset will set the line at 6dB and it should attempt full speed ... unless the line had been banded ... a standard reset does not always remove speed banding.

If this is FTTC then there is no 10 stabilisation period.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Plusnet Feedback to Broadband.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Lee. From what I can see your speeds are still restricted because of the connection drops there were present on the line. As the fault has been resolved I've reset your line now.

Can you retest your speeds after about 10 minutes letting us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Leewarren

Speeds are now excellent however, I’m experiencing complete drops every so often
Leewarren

In fact, it’s been pretty much dead for the last 30 minutes.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that change has made things worse.

As line tests aren't finding the cause of the issue now I'd recommend raising a broadband fault at http://faults.plus.net

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Leewarren

Broadband has been good...so I thought! It’s dropped a couple of times over the last couple of days and it’s dead again. Bear in mind the engineer said it was a fault in the house, he replaced the box on the wall and I have tried different routers, cables etc and still an intermittent fault persists. I can only conclude that the issue lay upstream
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

We're not seeing a lot of drops from our end as shown below

Do the drops you experience tie in with the ones shown above?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team