Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed slow?

beefeb
Dabbler

Speed slow?

Hi, first time poster...
My internet connection shows a speed of 1808kbps, I transferred over from AOL a month and a bit ago, and was getting 3300 from them....albeit with loadsa disconnections etc.
I have tried to use the BT speed tester, but when i type in my details, it comes back and says my log in details are wrong, and that the domain name is not recognised at that number.
Suggestions?
Thanks
Beefeb
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Speed slow?

Hi Beefeb,
When you enter your username in the BT Speedtester are you putting it in as the fomat of username@plusdsl.net?
Looking at your line, you're currently syncing at a speed of 3104Kbps, but with an SNR of 15dB.  We can ask BT to lower your target SNR, which should increase your sync and ultimately throughput speeds, but this may also cause some instability.
beefeb
Dabbler

Re: Speed slow?

Thanks for the quick response...yes, I am indeed putting in the information in the appropriate format, I dont know what the problem is there.
In terms of the other stuff, I did a speed test on the other utility on your site, where it uses a speedometer type display...thats where I get the 1808 figure from.  My connection is okay, a couple of minor slow points, but very reliable.
In terms of SNR and 15db.....?......that is all techie speak to me, lol, so if you think it is ok, leave it as it is for the meantime.  My online gaming seems to be okay, I dont wanna mess with the stability...I like the reliability I have with plusnet.
ps, I just tested it again, BT worked, and gave me faster connection speeds, so i assume there muts have been some local issues.
Thank you again for your prompt response