Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed restriction not being lifted - please help

James
Grafter

Re: Speed restriction not being lifted - please help

You are of course correct.
I suspect that your problem is directed linked to that of the main one that we're looking into currently.  Your peak speed will have been restricted and then the relaxation of the rate limitations did not occur for off peak speeds as they should have done (as noted by other posters and yourself).
I do fully appreciaye the frustration that this is causing and am extremely apologetic for this.
When you ask if it has anything to do with usage, it does in a way.  The usage levels are the reason why you hit level  2 management, but your off peak speeds should have been considerably better.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: Jameseh
When you ask if it has anything to do with usage, it does in a way.  The usage levels are the reason why you hit level  2 management, but your off peak speeds should have been considerably better.

This I know Wink
But there seems to have been a little confusing/misleading information as to whether the issues I have been receiving are due to Level 2 restrictions not being lifted or the Priority One Problem mentioned.
Things started off badly when a CS agent informed me, when I first rang, that I am being restricted 24/7 because I have gone over 100GB combined peak/off-peak. Utter nonsense - where did he get his info from?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

James
Grafter

Absolutely no idea where that information came from or why it was given I'm afraid.
From what you've told me, I'm fairly certain that your problem is as a result of the P1 that we have open, but slightly different to what everyone else is reporting.  Your rate limitations are more harsh than everyone elses (ie: they still have line rate on gold traffic) because of the level 2 management restrictions that were in place.
Mav

Ok - enough of the techno-speak already  Grin
I've just seen your reply to my ticket. Thanks. I will reply to that.
But, publicly, I still wish to know why the restrictions could not have been lifted manually during the weekend. That may have at least doubled my speeds for a while Smiley

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

James
Grafter

Yep, understood.
We'll need to wait for the outcome of the P1 that's been raised before we can even hazard a guess as to why restrictions weren't lifted.
barks

I am a plusnet customer and I am experiencing the following.
My usage is well under for this month however my newsgroups are throttled to ~60kbps 24/hours a day.
Its not a general speed issue as speed test results are normal as is http traffic.
Usually I dont download via newsgroups in the day but if I do ~60kbps is what I usually get.
At night I usually get around 180kbps which is about right for my sync speed of ~2000kbits.
Tom
landlock

problem is fixed.  Cheesy thank you very much.
canford
Grafter

Likewise.
Thank you.
Mav

No such luck here. Just got 1M then bck to less than 0.5M Sad

AJTWWE
Grafter

No such luck here either, can we get some information on whats currently happening bout a fix and when it is likely to be sorted
landlock

Did you both add your names on the Priority Problems page? Though to be honest Mav your problem seems to be slightly different and more extreme then most of us.
AJTWWE
Grafter

Sure have done
Mav

Thanks for reminding me Wink
Yes - I did add my name.

gyre
Grafter

I've just powered up my newsreader and am getting full speed now instead of the 60KB/s that I've been limited to for the last day or so.
Many thanks Plusnet guys.
-- gyre --
AJTWWE
Grafter

Still got probs here