cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed restriction not being lifted - please help

AJTWWE
Grafter

Re: Speed restriction not being lifted - please help

My speed came back to normal at midnight and now it is back to being slow again. Why has this happened
jester27
Dabbler

thats more like it......
817KB/s download speed...
I'm happy again  Cheesy
landlock

Quote from: axisofevil
100GB+ (home use) seems a hell of a lot of data - are you operating an internet television station?

That's not as much as you think, depends what your downloading loading.  Grin
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: AJTWWE
My speed came back to normal at midnight and now it is back to being slow again. Why has this happened

That may be due to all the rule changes that happen at midnight. Unless you've been billed though, the restrictions should remain in place.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

AJTWWE
Grafter

I have upgraded to BBYW option 2 but it says i gotta wait till the 19th for it to take affect. I want it to take affect now so i can get my speeds back to normal
James
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for this.
I've pushed through your Account Change now, so you should shortly notice an improvement in your speeds.
AJTWWE
Grafter

Yes my speeds are back to normal but will my account be reset on the 19th still
James
Grafter

Hi,
As per the email you sent me and as per the one I replied back with, your usage will still be reset on your normal billing date.
scootie
Grafter

Cheesy back to normal as of last night good bye 40KB/s well hellooooo to 320KB/s(yes i live a fair way from the exchange).
So how many others was shouting at the cs staff at the weekend saying it was defo the traffic mangment system to blame and not r firewalls ect.
where did pn get the guys that was on cs at the weekend. i have only bein with pn since last nov and i have learnt enough to know straight away that it was the traffic mangment system capping the speed of my p2p.
PontiacB

Quote from: ASBO
where did pn get the guys that was on cs at the weekend. i have only bein with pn since last nov and i have learnt enough to know straight away that it was the traffic mangment system capping the speed of my p2p.

I think all of us that have been here for a few years and remember when these sort of problems happened quite often a year or two back knew it was a fault with the traffic management system straight away. 
Its then extremely frustrating to be met by the responses we got from CS over the weekend, when the default is always to blame the user.  I just gave up eventually when I realised it was a losing battle and the sun was shining.  Its great that this forum by weight of numbers eventually resulted in some action on this one, and hats off to the CS staff that responded on Monday and sorted it quickely - shame there was no one with equivalent knowledge/clout around to do anything at the weekend. 
Soulsville
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Its then extremely frustrating to be met by the responses we got from CS over the weekend, when the default is always to blame the user.  I just gave up eventually when I realised it was a losing battle and the sun was shining.  Its great that this forum by weight of numbers eventually resulted in some action on this one

As I stated earlier if we do something wrong we are penalised.  But all Plusnet did was give us the runaround all weekend.
What would have been a nice jesture would have been Plusnet to reset our download stats for the 3 days to 0 for those days. 
Soulsville
serenityvalley
Grafter

Edit: OK forget that - I'm an idiot. Somehow Emule had been set to a 30K download limit. I swear I have no idea how that happened.  Embarrassed
fatdeeman
Grafter

I don't know about anyone else but I still seem to be having problems.
Downloads start off ok but for the past few nights they have died off a little before 6am and seem to be restricted to about 50k, you know the usual thing where your download speed seems to be hitting a brick wall over and over.
I'm on premier 1 and haven't exceeded any limits so far, this graph from utorrent is pretty much how things have been since this issue was supposedly resolved.
tried rebooting router etc
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/fatdeeman/Forums/throttl.jpg
Mark
Grafter

I've just spoken to the CSC and we're not seeing any similar reports however we'll keep a tight eye on this over the course of today.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looking at the graph you've supplied it's around 50kB/s which is pretty much what the product is designed to do between Midday and 2pm as per the 'Expected Speeds' table on this page.
448kb/s is approx 55/56KB/s.
Hope this clears it up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.