cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed restricted to 128K after exceeding allowance?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Speed restricted to 128K after exceeding allowance?

I've seen a few cases recently where people who have exceeded their allowance one month have not had the restrictions lifted the following month without manual intervention from Plusnet.
If this has happened to you, don't waste your time running tests etc., raise a ticket asking for your service offering to be corrected and post the ticket number to this topic. I beginning to think the number of these needs some sort of investigation as to why they are occurring.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Speed restricted to 128K after exceeding allowance?

I can offer a couple of reasons for why this is happening.
- Usage not being reset on December 4th - open Problem.
- Customer exceeds usage limitation after billing script runs, but before usage is due to be reset, resulting in the service offer change not occurring - open Problem
There are some others, of which Mand is trying to get a Project opened to ensure that these issues are fixed within a timely measure and thus beable able to gain development resource from someone not working specifically in the development team (ie: under Kelly's team).
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is there anything in place where people these problems have happened to could be picked up by some sort of search or is the best bet for people to raise tickets referring to this topic?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Not really.  We'll add usernames to problems, but the only other way is when people state that they are affected by a P1 on the portal.
Best solution would be to raise a ticket stating that you believe that you are on the incorret service offer following on from your billing period passing.
Even better solution is for us to get these problems fixed! Smiley