cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed reduced for usenet even though i pay for pro addon

bez
Grafter

Speed reduced for usenet even though i pay for pro addon

So yesterday, the first day of my new billing cycle my usenet speed started off at its usual 4.2mb/s (40mb fibre with the PRO ADDON) by 8am it had dropped to 1.2mbs (hard capped), by lunch it was capped at 245kb/s by evening it was hard capped at just a fraction over 100kb/s then at 2am this morning it was back to 4.2mb/s.
I wake up this morning and im back to a throttled speed of 1.2mb/s, i suspect by lunch it will be back to 245kb/s........I stayed well within my download quota, by almost 30gig under in fact - it is obvious to me that i am being traffic shaped as of the beginning of this new billing cycle even though i pay for the extra ADDON that is supposed to remove any such shaping of my traffic, i have started a ticket and taken data using wireshark and await a response by plusnet after they have inspected the data, i have also made a video which i submitted to plusnet showing the throttling in action.
Im curious if this is happeneing to anyone else that is paying for the PRO ADDON?
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Speed reduced for usenet even though i pay for pro addon

Have you seen this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96734.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bez
Grafter

yeah they seem to be having the same problem im having, i had a month of perfect unthrottled speeds after i added the pro addon, then boom! the throttling begins, day 1 of my new cycle - plusnet claim they know nothing about it and say i should be getting no traffic shaping according to their system - i had better speeds on my previous non fibre provider, if things dont change i feel i have been wrongly sold my package and will be getting in touch with ofcom.....at the moment im a VERY unhappy PLUSNET customer
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just replied to your ticket and am currently getting someone to resolve the issue you're seeing.
The underlying issue is due to be resolved tomorrow morning and we've been running clean-ups to fix any customer accounts affected by this, unfortunately your account has been missed so I'm going to check who else hasn't been fixed and get them sorted too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bez
Grafter

yeah i just noticed the reply to my ticket, hopefully this gets sorted, thanks for your help chris
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Should now be sorted.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bez
Grafter

yes now the throttling has been removed, i urge anyone else with this problem to get in touch with plusnet to get this problem resolved............hopefully its not an ongoing issue that raises its head at the start of each billing cycle as i dont relish the idea of wasting another day doing checks, running wireshark and making videos after i was told on multiple occasions no such throttling was in place on my service.
If it wasn't for one of your support team who understood my issue and actually listened to what i was saying i fear i would still be without a satisfactory resolution, as the first person i spoke to refused to accept i knew what i was talking about and tried to make me do checks which would have been useless in identifying the problem, which i tried to inform her.
to the gentleman who actually listened to me on the phone and elevated my problem I THANK YOU SIR!