cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problem (stevros)

stevegodfrey

Speed problem (stevros)

"My view my usage has reset (yay) but my speed is still poor, I assume I've been switched back to my normal profile?  How long can we expect really poor speeds for? "

I think I have the same problem as  David W mentions in this post, my line speed was 250 yesterday, and has now gone up to 350 and I can see my usage, but is nowhere near the original 3000.
Any idea if / when this will get sorted out ?
ta
jim:green title changed as split from original thread mod:end
5 REPLIES 5
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Traffic Management system (64987)- UPDATE

Hi stevros,
An issue such as you are describing will not have been caused by what you have read in this thread. I will take a look for you though and see if I can offer you any advice.
Jojo Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Speed problem (stevros)

Topic split off at request of jojo
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stevros,
I've just ran a line check and your sync rate is only 416k. This would suggest to me that you maybe have an internal wiring issue. This will have probably caused the intermittent connection which will have also helped to lower your profile. Have a read of this for help on how to best have your kit set up. Below are your recent connection logs.

Looking at these it seems you are switching your router off a lot of the time. If this is the case then I would certainly suggest keeping it on 24/7 for a more stabe connection.
Jojo Smiley
stevegodfrey

I've been turning off my router when I haven't been using it for the last year, with no problems, but I'll try leaving it on if you think that'll help.
When you say internal wiring issues, do you mean the router,  the connection from the pc to the router, or the connection from the router to the exchange  ?
Thanks for taking a look.
Steve
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi stevros,
I think it will be to do with how your router is connected to your internal telephone network. Click on the link above to troubleshoot.
Jojo Smiley