cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed not recovered

VinylLover
Dabbler

Speed not recovered

A week last Monday my speed fell off a cliff from 8Mbs to 160kbs!! Although I suspected it was BT it turned out my router was the issue. Bought a new DG834G & installed yesterday evening. Below are the results of the BT speedtest just carried out. I would have thought that after ~23 hours my IP profile would have increased. Router has been connected since last night. I know the standard reply is BT can take 48/72 hours for the line to be reprofiled but shouldn't I have seen some improvement?

Results Image not loaded
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 6880 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 135 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 83 kbps
8 REPLIES 8
jayed
Grafter

Re: Speed not recovered

I'm currently 6 days now waiting for my IP profile to go up. The BT one appears to have gone up but plusnet still has me on slow.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

mine fell over at 04:00 when I got up profile was at 500, it had been 7150, but synch was still 8128, took nearly 4 days and then bang straight up
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: jayed
I'm currently 6 days now waiting for my IP profile to go up. The BT one appears to have gone up but plusnet still has me on slow.

Raise a ticket to get PN to match the BT one if has been like that for more  than 12 hours.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

@Jayed
Your profile is currently set to 2000Kbps, which is the same as it is on BTs end.  Sounds like it caught up.
James
Grafter

@VinylLover
I'm afraid that your BT Profile hasn't changed as of yet, but hopefully it should later on today.
jayed
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
@Jayed
Your profile is currently set to 2000Kbps, which is the same as it is on BTs end.  Sounds like it caught up.

Yeah, it did. BT changed at about 7am yesterday morning. Plusnet changed at around 8-9pm yesterday evening.
VinylLover
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh
@VinylLover
I'm afraid that your BT Profile hasn't changed as of yet, but hopefully it should later on today.

Hi James,
That's now 3 days & my profile has not changed Sad
VinylLover
Dabbler

Reprofiled and not before time Angry
BT's management of their network is archiac.