cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed lower than BT

sue456

Speed lower than BT

Hi

We have recently changed from BT to plusnet as plusnet are much better priced. But since we changed we are having problems when streaming Sky, netfix and bbc iplayer etc. As using same line why the difference?

Great to pay less but not at the cost of losing use of good streaming.

help please

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Speed lower than BT

Sorry to hear you're having issues streaming.

Our tests aren't showing any issues and your speeds are as expected.

If you're connecting over a wireless connection can you try a wired connection to see if that has the same issues?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
sue456

Thank you for your reply

Unfortunately the Tv box is not really close enough. Modem is in same place as Bt was so should not be any different.

will try redoing connection later and see if I can improve it . 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

If you came fron BT have you still got your BT router? If so this will work with your Plusnet service. You will find setting instructions in the router forum. It's certainly worth a try.

The Plusnet Hub One is a tweeked Home Hub 5A. If you previously had a SmartHub 6 then you will very likely see the difference. I use a SmartHub 6. These can be bought for about £30 off Ebay.

.If your stuck with your Hub One there's a couple of other things to try:

1. Separate the 2.4 and 5GHz bands, see here:  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Making-5-GHz-have-separate-SSID-with-the-Hub-One/m-p/1349587...

2. Change the Wifi channel. Again if you go into the router advanced wireless settings you will find that you can manually select the channel. You can try it blind on different channels or download a sniffer app (I use Wifi Analyser on an Android phone). With this you can see which channels are busy and select the quietest manually.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'