cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed jump

iciclethief
Grafter

Speed jump

Yesterday I was moved on to plusnet unlimited which although didn't go completely smoothly (I couldn't authenticate to PlusNet for a number of hours), has had the added benefit of increasing my sync speed from around 8000 to 9500 - which is nice.
Unfortunately what's not so nice is that my plusnet profile is set to 2000.  I raised a ticket  about this yesterday [30557247]; hopefully this weekend I'll be able to benefit from this much improved sync speed.
P.S. The BT IP Profile for the line is currently set to 7000.
6 REPLIES 6
scootie
Grafter

Re: Speed jump

Yesterday I was moved on to plusnet unlimited

how have you switched to the legacy product on 21cn?
i was under the impression that this wasnt allowed on adsl2+ unless you was all ready on unlimited when the trail ended.
iciclethief
Grafter

I think it was just a timing thing; whilst on the ADSL2+ trial, I used the portal to upgrade my account to PlusNet Unlimited, which kicked in yesterday (on new billing).
scootie
Grafter

i see.
am sure when a PN staffer see's this they will up you PN profile if it hasnt all ready upped its self by then.
iciclethief
Grafter

My ticket has been answered and my plusnet profile has been raised to 9000 Grin  Now I'll just have to wait for the BT profile to increase.
My netgear dgn2000 router connected at 9660 this morning; I'm really surprised I'm getting this kind of speed on my line.  With my old modem, a D-Link which supported ADSL2+, I was getting syncs around 6500.
Mand
Grafter

@ASBO, any currently scheduled changes will still go ahead.
@iciclethief, glad to hear the speeds have improved for you.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: iciclethief
My netgear dgn2000 router connected at 9660 this morning; I'm really surprised I'm getting this kind of speed on my line.  With my old modem, a D-Link which supported ADSL2+, I was getting syncs around 6500.

Hi Icicle,
just out of interest, what kind of attenuation / line stats / router stats do you have?
Did you record the noise margin on the old router  What is the noise margin on the Netgear?
That is certainly a good increase in connection speed (if it is sustained - sorry to be sceptical, I hope it is!).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.