cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues... (wrong profle ?)

threedee

Speed issues... (wrong profle ?)

I didnt have internet all day yesterday. Today it came back as one third of its usual self.
And even the usual self was half of what i'm supposed to be getting...
I'm on unlimited fibre (76mbps), but was getting 30mbps down fairly stable. About 10 up (if memory serves).
As of today morning, and after some router/modem restarts i only get 8-9mbps. Just.
Tested with speedtest.net, bt wholesale, other testers. Same results.
Plusnets line tester:
1. "Estimated line speed - There's no speed estimate currently held on your account." - which is weird, I've been on since april (?). Why no estimation ?
2. "Current line speed - 32.6mbps". - Supposed to be getting 76mbps...
So, makes me think i've been thrown onto the wrong profile or there is still faults ongoing somewhere...
My pc is just fine, connected wired.
Also, did some speed tests on my android tablet and android phone (wirelessly connected, duh) - same results, which eliminates PC as a potential problem generator.
So, any takers to explain/fix this ?
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speed issues... (wrong profle ?)

Hi there threedee,
Being on Unlimited fibre doesn't guarantee a speed of 76mb, speeds are based on individual estimates relating to each individual line. 76mb refers to the maximum speed available to that product providing that it's available to the customer
The estimate for your line is 30mb for an FTTC service, I'm not sure why you aren't able to see that but apologies that you can't.
I hope that clarifies that aspect of what you've asked.
Regarding only being able to get 8-9mbs as a separate issue I'm unable to see any obvious causes for that so I'd advise popping back to http://faults.plus.net to complete the fault report that you started earlier.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
threedee

Well, i put my original post into "additional details" box. We'll see what that accomplishes.
After more recycling of modem/router speed is still down there at about 9mbps.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sure our faults team will be able to help progress this issue to being resolved for you.
Just as advice I'd avoid rebooting the router further as that might lead to DLM (dynamic line management) dropping the speed profile even further.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
threedee

I'm still getting only one third of my former speed and no one ever replied to my ticket...
Not a happy bunny...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I can see you raised ticket 75914636, it seems not all of the diagnostic questions were completed so the ticket closed after 72 hours.
Could you complete the diagnostic questions @ http://faults.plus.net and we'll get that opicked up?
threedee

I did finish the diag last time, but it was during worst of dropouts so maybe something went sideways...
Also, today retested my phone - there is no dialtone anymore. Tested with and without filter plate on master socket.
Internet works, but at one third of former self. Dropouts stopped, but speed wont come back up.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

That will be the cause of your slow broadband, I've just updated your ticket after reporting this to our suppliers.