cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues this eveing

Azagoth
Grafter

Re: Speed issues this eveing

A bit of a late reply, I had to go out.  Better late than never though, as I say to the missus.
My router always syncs at that speed no matter the time of day or night, that's not a problem at all.  This is my speed now and this is still the same router session and ergo the same gateway.

slipthru
Grafter

After my post last night i had the same issues as the night before, slow browsing and lots of buffering on my internet radio where as it's used to be solid on O2 and is fine in the morning and afternoon on plusnet. This problem has only been for the last two nights it was all fine over the weekend and on monday night and i was connected to pcl-ag03 last night though after a couple of resyncs since then i am on pte-ag2 this morning.
To be honest i just didn't bother using the internet in the end so can't say if it was just a blip.
As you can see i get decent speeds in the day.
James
Grafter

Your problems have nothing to do with our network.
slipthru
Grafter

Ok thanks, do you think it's exchange congestion then?
Infact just checked that and my exchange is green, so what do you think the problem is then?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Actually, I think he was referring to Azagoth.
Anotherone
Champion

Have you checked your exchange slipthru? If not use the link in jelv's sig (reply #5)
The PN checker was out of date!
slipthru
Grafter

Oh i see.
Anotherone
Champion

See what it's like tonight, it ought to be a lot better.
slipthru
Grafter

indeed the plusnet checker is out of date nildrams tells me my exchange is red.
My bad.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Could you post your exchange name or code please. I'm not very happy about the delays on updating the exchange checker and would welcome some ammunition!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Sorry - My mistake, I hadn't realised that there was another page of posts in here!
As a number of people saw last night, we made further improvements yesterday - I'd expect further improvement tonight aswell.
slipthru
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Could you post your exchange name or code please. I'm not very happy about the delays on updating the exchange checker and would welcome some ammunition!

Sorry for the delay in replying was out all day yesterday.
I checked in a hurry yesterday and missed a vital piece of information regarding nildrems checker, it's dated 2008, so don't know if it's correcet or not now, but according to plusnets checker it was green on 11 Sep 09.
Results for exchange: Broadstairs
Congestion
Congestion status on this exchange is red RED.
Your telephone line has been identified as being on a congested exchange. If you are receiving varying speeds between 400kbs - 2000kbs at different times of the day this is likely to be a result of the congestion issue.
A provisional date of Nov 28, 2008 has been set for upgrading this exchange.
I asked my other half and she said browsing seemed ok last night from 10 onwards.
Anotherone
Champion

I checked in a hurry yesterday and missed a vital piece of information regarding nildrems checker, it's dated 2008, so don't know if it's correct or not now, but according to plusnets checker it was green on 11 Sep 09.

I think that date refers to the top10 list only, however if  one has shown your exchange on RED recently, the that certainly will be the cause of slow throughput at peak times.
If it's still Red (or even marginal Green) there is nothing anyone can do except wait until BT upgrade unfortunately.
slipthru
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
I checked in a hurry yesterday and missed a vital piece of information regarding nildrems checker, it's dated 2008, so don't know if it's correct or not now, but according to plusnets checker it was green on 11 Sep 09.

I think that date refers to the top10 list only, however if  one has shown your exchange on RED recently, the that certainly will be the cause of slow throughput at peak times.
If it's still Red (or even marginal Green) there is nothing anyone can do except wait until BT upgrade unfortunately.

Yea i understand that, i take it that plusnet and nildrem are the only to exchange checker pages?
Would be nice to know if my exchange is really red.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:Speed issues this eveing

I'm happy to report that our exchange checker was updated this afternoon with the latest information from BT, so if you check on there now you'll get a definitive answer.
Hope that helps,