Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issue and latency returned & new issue

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Speed issue and latency returned & new issue

Hi my speed and latency issue appears to have returned again original ticket number  #66218711 but now it seems the openreach modem is cutting out after overheating it does work again after it has cooled down but seems to be dropping the connection which now looks to have caused DLM to kick in im having to put a small fan next to the openreach modem just to keep a cool flow of air over it to enable me to be able to post the issue here .
4 REPLIES 4
bradw
Grafter

Re: Speed issue and latency returned & new issue

What surface is it sitting on? Might be worth putting on something metal to act as a heat sink and keeping out of direct sunlight if it really gets that hot. Mine doesn't get warm at all though, only the plusnet supplied router gets a bit toasty.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Openreach modem is not in any direct sunlight i have the modem standing up right never had it fixed to the wall no heat source close to it .
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Speed tonight no where near to what i should be getting and that's on a fiber line.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi James,
Thanks for your time on the phone, as discussed I've booked an engineer appointment for you to attend tomorrow 15th June) between 1pm-6pm. I've added to the notes that your IP profile has dropped so hopefully the engineer will do a line reset for you.
I've created a ticket{#70765143) on your account and passed it to our faults team to monitor.
Let me know how you get on.