cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed is 7Mb - should be 14-20Mb?

tudou
Grafter

Speed is 7Mb - should be 14-20Mb?

My line speed as estimated in the member centre is 14-20 Mb, currently it never tops 7Mb (even off-peak times). I've checked with BT broadband and they give similar line speeds.
When I initially signed up to plus.net (two years ago) the estimated speed was 8Mb so this might be a case of my profile needing updated so my speed isn't capped at the old estimated limit.
Is it possible for someone to look into this for me please?
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Speed is 7Mb - should be 14-20Mb?

Posting your router stats would be a good start - this explains how to get them http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
It's an interesting one, this. WCR (the system that we get line profiles from) thinks you're on 21CN, as does your account on our systems.
However all other systems on our suppliers' side are showing six failed orders to move you to 21CN and the 20CN systems still show you as having an active asset on there - which is why you're still getting up to 8Mb instead of up to 20.
I'll get one of our provisioning team to chase this up for you but as things stand I'm not sure how complicated it'll be - there's obviously some kind of system issue going on that's preventing orders from completing (hence the mismatch) so we'll see what happens. We'll update you as soon as we know any more.
tudou
Grafter

Our area was one of the first to have FTTC trialled back in 2006 I think, which is why there were so many failed orders.