cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed gone down from 15M to 9M

meyre68
Grafter

Speed gone down from 15M to 9M

Not only have I lost some download speed utube can take upto 20 seconds to play a clip. I've also noticed that my sync speed used to be 37M and now it's 12M
Any problems in my area? It's very annoying being slower than when I was on copper wires  Cry
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Speed gone down from 15M to 9M

Hi meyre68,
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems with your FTTC service.
I've taken a look at your line and can see that your connected at:
Downstream Speed 9.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 1.1 Mbps
If your speeds have dropped down from 15Mbps we really need to take a look at that for you. I would strongly advise completing the Broadband Fault Checker at http://faults.plus.net
It is likely that we'll need to arrange for an engineer to visit your premises so if you could add some notes on the last page of the Fault Checker with your availability, that will help us get this issue sorted for you as quickly as possible.
meyre68
Grafter

Thanks, I already did a test last night after posting but I added a note today to say I can be available any time within reason. I'm self employed so time is precious (and money)  Cool If I can get a call should the engineer want access I can be home with 15 minutes or so.
Thanks for looking into this  Cool
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

No problem at all.
We'll get your ticket picked up as soon as we can and get this sorted out for you Smiley