cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed fallen below 1mbps!

neil3045
Grafter

Re: Speed fallen below 1mbps!

Is there anyway into my router settings? If not is it possible to get another sent because I think mines had it  Huh
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The usual "cure" for this sort of problem is to do a factory reset using the pin-hole button on the rear of the router. That needs to be held in (using a paper clip) for up to ten seconds - usually until the power light blinks.
After that it will need configuring to connect to Plusnet (using your broadband username xxxx@plusdsl.net and account password) unless auto set-up is configured so it does it automatically.
That should reset the admin login and password to their original defaults.
However the router seems to be showing symptoms that it's past its best.  Sad
David
neil3045
Grafter

Yes Ive reset it twice now and still cant get in. My internet has gotten progressively worse over a week or 2 and then then suddenly none of my computers can access the router wirelessy. Does plusnet replace the thomson or do I have to go out and by a new router?Huh
puddy
Grafter

Hopefully if plusnet pick up on this post they will send you a replacment/test
Did you get your current router from Plusnet as part of thier deals they are running i.e free plus p&p?
  If its under 12 months old you should get a free router from plusnet (if they provided it) or the shop you got it from!!

Puddy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Neil3045,
I've just set an RMA on your router for you, getting close to 12 months so nearly outside the guarantee period (I believe that will be up on the 26th Nov). You should get a replacement along with a returns bag in the next couple of days.
Hope that sorts things for you,
neil3045
Grafter

Ok Matt thats great. Ill try the new router and another filter and connect to the test socket and see if that sorts it out. Will the speed pick up over a couple of days if all is well?
Regards, Neil.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi neil3045,
Yeah once your connection is stable the speed will pick up.
Jojo Smiley
neil3045
Grafter

Hi guys quick update on my post. I got a phone call from a nice chap at PN and this message in the help center and have been told it is being flagged to the wholesale department, can someone tell me what this fault means?  Huh
Copper Line Check Test Results:

Description Diagnosis Code MFL
FAULT - Battery Contact T051 LN

Kind regards,
[mremoved]
jim:csa
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: neil3045
FAULT - Battery Contact

From Kitz - Battery Contact - Line is in contact with another. Could be worn isolation or water on the line.
neil3045
Grafter

My neighbour 4 doors up from me has complained that her phone line is crackling and her broadband is slow like mine. Could I be in contact with hers somehow?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi neil3045,
Hi, there's many possibilities. According to the report that fault has now been cleared and you now have a profile of 2500. The SNR is 11dB. We could do a reset of this if the reason for that was the phone fault and maybe we could squeeze a bit more speed out of it for you.
Jojo Smiley
neil3045
Grafter

Hi Joanne just ran a speed test and sure enough I'm over 2mbps!  You sure can try a reset and see how much more juice my line will take! Oh and could you possibly check my interleaving and see if its on or off coz I had it switched off once for mw2 purposes and would like it to stay off  Grin And you dont need to be so formal, my friends just call me Neil without the 3045  Grin
*To Add* Just checked the phone line and the noise coming down it really is unbearable since the broadband speed went up. Plugged the phone in by itself and was not noticeable but as soon as I plugged the router in the noise went right up again. Tried 2 different filters and no different so before we go with the reset, what do you think this problem could be Huh
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Neil3045,
The phone fault has been cleared but I can see a number of disconnections on your line, and the profile has dropped to around 845kbit/s as a result. Are you still hearing the noise on the phone line, if you were in the first place? If not we'll need to close off the phone fault and raise it as a broadband issue which I'll make sure is done as soon as you let us know.
neil3045
Grafter

Hello Matt thanks for the reply. The phone line is silent as a mouse now but like you say my broadband speed has crashed dramatically.  Embarrassed I think its a broadband fault now Huh
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just to double check before I raise the fault, I guess the disconnections still happen with the router plugged into the master socket (or test socket if possible)?