cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed dropping steadily

stp

Speed dropping steadily

When I had FTTC installed my speed was 32Mb for at least a week. It then started to slowly drop. The drop in speed is very predictable at about 1Mb per day. Yesterday my speed was 15Mb all day and today it is 14Mb. I'm no expert, but i'm guessing it will be 13Mb tomorrow! Has anyone else seen anything like this? I suspect I will be leaving Plusnet soon as i'm bored of the 30 min wait for the phone to be answered every time you call and the fact that they seem unable to try any fix, other than booking an engineer, which from reading the posts on here, frequently results in no solution being offered! Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
Edzashed
Grafter

Re: Speed dropping steadily

I have been with plusnet 2 weeks now and although customer support is great product wise is disgraceful, i started at 16 meg down 3 meg up FTTC 80/20 then it jumped to 21 down and has dropped again by about a meg a day to now just above 16 with 3 engineer visits.. BTW i forgot too add even though this is ongoing (poor souls) i only get 1.1 upload which is exactly the same as adsl2+ due to aluminium pairs which i find disgraceful of BTOR letting customers connect on such a false economic product...
AndyH
Grafter

Unless it is a fault PN's end, their hands are tied and they are reliant on their suppliers - BT Openreach. Fault diagnosis for fibre is a real pain too for the engineers as very few engineers have the equipment that pinpoints faults in the fibre network (apparently it costs a fortune) so most engineers will be your standard Joe Bloggs engineer.
My connection is around 90Mbps at best and has dropped to 5-7Mbps at certain times of the day. I've raised it with PN, but the issue is essentially out of their control. Other users have the same issue and it's affecting other ISPs.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi stp,
I've had a look over your line and can see the decrease in speed, I would certainly recommend raising a fault via http://faults.plus.net so we can establish what is going on and get this resolved for you.