cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed dropped to 2.6mbps

mkc66
Grafter

Speed dropped to 2.6mbps

Hi  used to get an average speed give or take of roughly 4.5 Mbps but recently I have noticed it is down to roughly 2.6 Mbps, having checked filters etc and plugged into master socket can someone check this please, I did have this happen before some years back and you did something your end and my speed picked back up again

Thank you

89 REPLIES 89
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speed dropped to 2.6mbps

Hello there, 

Yes, it looks like the connection has been dropping a little which has caused speeds to lower. However it's re-stabillised so I've submitted a DLM reset so your speeds should start to improve over the next 24 hours. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mkc66
Grafter

Hi  it is currently at its worse I have ever had at under a meg measured  at 0.44 and tried later at 0.79 which is barely usable as I am sure you can appreciate, do I need to reboot my router  to see any improvement?Huh

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Morning @mkc66

Thanks for coming back to us - just to confirm that you would need to restart the router for the changes to take effect.

I've tested your line this morning and can see that it's currently syncing up at just over 5mb/s.

Could you let me know how things look from your side once you've restarted and performed a speed test via a wired connection?

Best wishes,

Dave

mkc66
Grafter

Hi

I ran a quick wired test this morning before i had to go out after turning the router off for 10 minutes and it was 5.05 mbps even wireless it was 4.95  but this evening it is back at 2.78  Sad 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @mkc66, sorry to hear it's dropped again. Looks like there were a few drops throughout yesterday, although one of these will be from your reboot. 

Looks like your sync is back down to 3.2mb/s however testing isn't picking up what's causing this drop. 

Can you connect your router to the test socket? If you still then have the same issue can you report it here  so we can look into it further for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mkc66
Grafter

Hi

This morning it said I was connected but there was no internet at all so again I rebooted the router and got a connection of roughly 3mbp/s I have now connected it via the master socket again with a filter as directed by your link and the speed dropped slightly to just under 3 mbp/s, nothing has changed my end and while my connection was not the fastest at approx 4 mbp/s it was usable, for the connection to be 5mbp/s for a brief moment as we were out all day and by the time we got home it had dropped it has to be something your end so please could you look into it again

Thank you

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for confirming. Can you report this on the link I provided above and let us know once you have done so.?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mkc66
Grafter

Hi

I have reported it via the link you gave now

thank you

mkc66
Grafter

The minute I posted to say I have reported my connection no longer works yet it shows I am connected thank god for mobile phones which is how I am posting this
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for completing that @mkc66, I'll get this picked up. Have you/ are you able to test with another router at all?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mkc66
Grafter

definitely not my router if that helps

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mkc66, thank you for confirming that it's not the router that's causing this problem.

With this in mind, I've updated the fault ticket here with the next steps towards a resolution for you.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mkc66
Grafter

Just to say it is constantly dropping out even though it says it is connected but there was no where to say that on the form
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Sorry about that, unfortunately the form doesn't cover all bases but I'll add notes to the fault about how it still says "connected" whilst you are unable to get online.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team