Did you mean: 

Speed dropped to 2.6mbps

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Speed dropped to 2.6mbps

Hi @mkc66

Thanks for your patience whilst we got this booked in for you.

I've updated your ticket accordingly.

Best wishes.

Dave

mkc66
Grafter

Come home to no internet again currently trying to reboot the router not sure when it went off as I went out late afternoon and no one else was in either. Thanks for booking engineer
mkc66
Grafter

Speed is lousy again today at just over 1 mbp/s 🤔
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mkc66,

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing connection issues and poor speeds and for the inconvenience that this is causing you.

Hopefully the engineer is able to get to the bottom of this during their visit but please let us know if you continue to experience problems after this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mkc66
Grafter

Hi

well the openreach engineer has come and gone in just over 30 minutes total, typically this morning our speed picked up to almost double what we have been getting at roughly 4.5mbp/s well that was until he left and left with us with no  working connection and despite what the previous engineer said what you posted about the snr and line errors and I did tell him this has been going on some time now albeit intermittently, I also pointed out we had tried at least 4 routers all with the same problem he decided it was still the router that one week ago his colleague had at first said it was but after spending over 2hours here he concluded that the problem was not the router but he had no idea exactly what was happening and it would need further investigation which he said he couldn’t do until they had say so on it. 

To say we are not happy is an understatement his best suggestion was get another router from you to try to which to be honest I pointed out I was not willing to spend £7 postage and tie myself to another years contract for something that no one seems to know what the problem truly is. 

Waz
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for your response. I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you have been experiencing with your broadband connection. I have updated the active fault ticket on your account presenting a possible resolution to the issue you have been experiencing. This can be found by following https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=182167494.

mkc66
Grafter

I finally got it working again at roughly 5mbp/s but now it stopped working about 15 minutes ago and has come back at 2.8 mbp/s this is not my router and I have really had enough of running around in circles and getting nowhere 🙁

mkc66
Grafter

Hi I have just read the update and will give it a go when it arrives thank you as I have bought 4 and all the same problem 

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I feel the best thing to do, the next time your connection drops, is to call Plusnet.  Don't restart the router, don't do anything at all, just give them a call and find out what they can see their end.

mkc66
Grafter

That might be a good idea,  I was thinking they would be able to see that by me posting via my phone when it goes off and I notice it, thank you Smiley 

mkc66
Grafter

Hi new router arrived today plugged in no problems and did exactly what I expected a connection of roughly 5 mbp/s and as I expected 3 hours later the connection speed has dropped back down to half that at 2.5 mbp/s exactly what it has done with my previous router in fact all previous routers 😞🤔! I will keep an eye on it but i suspect at some point it will say I am connected yet I will not be able to access the internet until I unplug or reboot the router not that I know how to reboot your router yet. 

mkc66
Grafter

Just to add to my post earlier the range on this for WiFi is appalling it is placed in an open area with no doors walls etc blocking and it won’t even give a signal 25ft away on WiFi so can’t be used in the kitchen if I walk 15 ft and go up stairs the signal also drops out so that means this router will only work in the living room and the room directly above where it is placed  and no where else in the house. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @mkc66, although you might have tested in an open area, if there are electrical items within the vicinity (or your your neighbours routers are within range) these may be interfering with the signal.

Have you tried changing the wireless channel at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mkc66
Grafter

I wouldn’t know about changing the channels it is set to auto saying it chooses the best channel,  my speeds are steadily getting worse though as before in our own router I am sure this will improve slightly and get worse and unless I unplug I won’t see anything anywhere near the 5mbp/s, hopefully I can upload a screen shot of the speed tests I have done today and although they are wireless the difference between wireless and wired is nominal as I have tested that many times. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mkc66,

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing problems with the performance of your connection.

The steps for changing your router's wireless channel are as follows:

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254 If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Basic Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the WiFi tab

4) On the channel drop down box, change this from 'auto' to any one of the other channels,. Give it 3-4 hours of testing to see if the issue still persists and try to change the channel again if you see little or no improvement.

Please let us know how it goes.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team