cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed dropped to 0.7mbps

dbwebdev

Speed dropped to 0.7mbps

I'm trying to get my speed problem sorted out and I'm not having much luck with talking to the contact centre. I've called times today and I keep getting cut off. I've opened a support ticket thingy as well but not holding out much hope.
I usually get 1.1mbps but this morning it dropped to 0.7, the IP profile dropped so I imagine that is why although I'm no expert on these things. This happened a few weeks ago, I rung Plusnet who within 60 seconds had fixed it for me. Today I try and do the same thing and keep getting frustrated, before I got cut off on the last call I was told to "stabalise my connection" with no other info on how to do this. I don't mean to be rude, but that seems like a stupid thing to advise me. How can I stabalise it myself other than making sure it is setup correctly and in the master socket etc. It would nice if I could speak to someone who wasn't just reading from a script but that actually knew how to fix the Broadband properly.
When I was looking through the notes from the previous advisor I spoke to weeks ago, it said "changed WP profile" - is this just a typo or is there another profile that needs to be looked at other than the IP profile?
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Speed dropped to 0.7mbps

Adjust WP Profile is where the speed reported by https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate doesn't match the IP Profile reported by the BT speed test.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
dbwebdev

Thanks for that. The line speed showing on the page you mentioned says 750 so does that mean my WP Profile needs looking at? As expected, no one has replied to my support ticket and its been at least 2 days. I don't want to ring up again because it makes me really angry when I get fobbed off.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If when you run the BT speedtest it says your IP Profile is 750 it means that your WP profile (the speed shown on https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate) is correct.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Hary
Grafter

If you ring faults on 0114-2965188 during normal office hours you have a better chance of speaking
to someone at HQ, rather  than abroad.