cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop

gerden
Grafter

Speed drop

Earlier this year my phone line went down. It took Plusnet almost two weeks to fix it, including missed appointments. Now the speed on my broadband has dropped, and it looks as though this will probably take just as long. I am in the later years of my life and enjoy surfing the net. But when it comes to technical issues well thats a different matter. I received a email from Plusnet asking me to do a TAP3 test with a list of instructions, but  as I did not feel comfortable running the test I telephoned for assistance. I spoke to their representative [removed]. The test took some time to complete and we seem to be going round in circles. I expressed my frustration to Mr [removed] who commented quite curtly " we can stop this conversation right now ". Plusnet are proud to claim they have award winning broadband, but my experience of their customer service is very poor.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules but name noted for staff follow up.]
10 REPLIES 10
gerden
Grafter

Re: Speed drop

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this problem can be resolved this week.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry to hear of your previous contact with us, not the level of expectation that we set.
Your fault ticket is with our faults team and we'll be updating that for you very soon.
Please let me know if you're unsure on anything and I'll gladly help.
Chris
gerden
Grafter

Cry Well its now two weeks and no nearer to solving my slow speed on my fibre broadband. We had the Openreach engineer here this week and he stated that the test show over 50 Mbps coming into the main socket. But on all my internet appliances I am getting a average of about of about 18 Mbps. Today I invested in new router thinking that maybe the problem but alas the speed is still the same. Also today I checked the speed with assistance from Plusnet, of the speed with the computer attached directly to the Openreach modem, and the speed was still slow. The guy who assisted me was very helpful, unlike the previous guy who seem to have a attitude problem. I was told today that the problem is not at my end, so its very frustrating getting messages from Plusnet telling me that my speeds are fine when obviously there not. This is the second time this year I have had poor and slow service from Plusnet.  Undecided 
gerden
Grafter

Plusnet are supposed to ringing me today so I can speak to someone in the faults dept, lets hope they can answer my slow speed test. Chris Purvey you left a message asking me to get in touch if you could help. Yes please can you try to sort this on going problem.  Wink
gerden
Grafter

Cheesy The Plusnet representative who said he would contact me today at 10.00am did not ring, he rang me this afternoon to apologize for being too busy to ring. But I did manage to speak to someone in the faults department who was very helpful and has arranged for another visit from Openreach tomorrow to test the line. Still no contact from Chris Purvey, he asks you to let him know if you need any help but how does one contact him.   
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Chris sends his apologies that he's not been in the thread, however you can contact any of us via PM if you wish - just click on the username over on the left there and then hit send PM. Please bear in mind though we'd rather only receive these if they've been invited (i.e. as above where Chris has said to please contact him if there's any problems).
As for the fault, we should know more once the engineer's been - I hope this gets things sorted for you.
gerden
Grafter

Well the engineer from OpenReach came yesterday. He was here for over two hours checking the reason for my slow fibre speed. I have to say he did a great job, after completing all the test and confirming that  the fault was not at my premises that included testing the wiring and equipment he said the next step was to contact BT wholesale to report the problem for further tests at their end. He had the telephone on open so I could hear the conversation. Basically the representative for BT said in a very polite way, hard luck he is getting almost half the recommended speed there's not much we can do about it. The engineer said after a recent crash of the service in the area he had been to several home's in the area with similar problems. I have been back in touch with Plusnet, and to their credit they have said that the BT representative was speaking rubbish and they are going to escalate the matter.  Crazy         
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Gerden,
Looking at the notes I can see that another engineer visit maybe required off the back of the escalation but I'll let our faults guys chase this up for more info before we decide where to take this next.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gerden
Grafter

Absolutely right Adam. The engineer telephoned yesterday morning, there was no prior arrangements for this visit. I explained to him on the telephone that this was a wasted visit and that the test's were supposed to be taking place at the exchange. But he still said he would have to visit the premises, he concurred with me that this was a complete waste of his time. It seems that BTW got the wrong end of the stick and did not read Plusnet notes properly. The engineer also said that the box where my fibre comes from is chock-a-block and that was probably one of the reasons for the slower speeds. Having spoken to one of my neighbours he said he was experiencing similar problems. I am fed up paying for a higher speed and not receiving one.  Undecided 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry to see this is still ongoing, I can see that we've raised an escalation with our suppliers in an attempt to get this resolved.