cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop...again!

suesykes
Grafter

Speed drop...again!

My speed has dropped again... No problems at my end... Just tested speed and here are the results.
Today 10:26  456 kbps (57kB/s)  377 kbps (47.1kB/s) 
Today 10:25 399 kbps (49.9kB/s) 377 kbps (47.1kB/s)
Yesterday 11:44 457 kbps (57.1kB/s) 378 kbps (47.3kB/s)
4 REPLIES 4
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Speed drop...again!

you are not alone, mine has been consistently going down in speed all morning.  I even plugged another router in to make sure it wasnt a hardware fault at my end.
have the PN team got any ideas?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@littlerick - Not sure why there'd be a speed degrade, are you talking about sync speed or throughput speed? You've a connection ongoing for 3 days so I'd be surprised if it was sync seed, but if it is then it'll be down to some kind of interference on the line. Best bet is to unplug everything from the phone line apart from the router and see if that makes any difference. If so, it's something that was plugged into the line, if not then it's something outside your premises - let us know if it's the latter and we'll see what we can do.
@BRABUS - there's a few disconnections showing on your connection but they don't look like sync drops, more you rebooting the router - is that related to the slower speed? Also likewise is it sync speed you're talking about or throughput?
BRABUS
Grafter

Hi Matt,
my BT speed test results are as follows, I can normally get higher results at peak times than this?Huh
Download speedachieved during the test was - 3401 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5632 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 4500 Kbps
and my router is currently showing this
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 5,632
The repeated reboots have been by me this morning after I lost my wifi completely.  To fix that I changed the firmware to a previous version (Version 8.2.23.0 firmware (Plusnet branded) ) and now its back at Version 8.2.6.5 firmware (Plusnet branded).
Weirdly this all started when I tried to connect to work over a VPN or it could just be a coicidence.  Anyway the wifi is now sorted just the speed is slower than normal.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're connected at a lower synchronisation speed than your fault threshold rate so please reboot your router (just once) and re-run the BT Speedtest. The throughput doesn't matter but we're looking for an increase in your 'DSL Connection Rate'. If this doesn't show a significantly increased figure (6500kbps or so) then please move the router to your test socket and try again.
P.S. I'm assuming you're connected to the master socket, if not then please move the router there instead of going straight to the test socket.