Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Tester does not work.

colintivy
Rising Star

Re: Speed Tester does not work.

Hi Kelly!
Humble and groveling apologies for the gender bloomer, I should have looked at the avatar on a bigger screen (14" on my laptop).
Because you think that there may be something amiss at your end, I cannot believe that I am alone in finding this problem, surely more people have used the Mybroadband tester or they would have bleated about it by now?? It is only the fact that the Begin button stopped doing anything after about sometime in Dec that is odd. Inserting the speedtester suffix to the web address works every time.
Please do not rush with answer, I can live with my poor old PIII laptop making the most of Hardy, which is a blessed relief after Gates' bloatware. Magic down/up load speeds are not the most important things, I just check to see if there are any significant changes that need lookig at when I have the time. There has only one occasion (20 Aug last) that there was a change when download dropped to 903 kbps from my normal 2.8 mbps. Not great but wet string linking me to BT does not help.
colintivy
colintivy
Rising Star

Hi Kelly,
It seems a long time ago that I raised my "little" problem with the Begin button on mybroadband/speed test panel. I use it by the URL but it would be nice to use the link at the bottom of the page..so far not working.  Any chance of progress???
colintivy  Huh 
colintivy
Rising Star

Hi Kelly!
Dragging out old coals..the not working speetester.. I have now confirmed that the problem was indeed due to two Adobe FlashPlayer version installed. I had Version 10 installed within Synaptic under Adobe not knowing that under FlashPlayer plugins elsewhere in Synaptic I had Version 9 presumably installed on initial installation of Ubuntu 8,04. Got rid of the latter and now seems to be serene!
Thanks for earlier help.
colintivy  Smiley
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Damn, sorry for losing this thread.  I feel bad that I've just rediscovered it after you've fixed it!  Mind you, that sounds like something really hard to diagnose from ourside!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
colintivy
Rising Star

Hi Kelly!
Thanks for your response. I am sure that, you being a Very Busy Person, you  have much more important things to attend to. Never the less, mere mortals will always feel grateful for words of wisdom from on high when time permits. The solution to the problem was somewhat obscure even though it was hinted at in earlier posts. I now have a working Speedtester in all respects, interestingly the History now has restarted from blob and I expect my use of the web address directly must have had a different label or something.
Regards,
Colintivy  Smiley