cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Test

valart
Grafter

Speed Test

I have just done a speed test on my broadband speed and it comes up at 4mb and compaired with some of the other providers it was the slowest I thought that was the case, because I have seen my next door neighbours broadband and the pages just jump out at him he has sky broadband.
7 REPLIES 7
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speed Test

Hi valart,
the reason for that is that you subscribed to us on our up to 8Mbps. I can now uprade you to our up to 20Mbps service. We are current;y in the process of upgrading many of our customers but I can order this for you now if you like. You will probably then see a marked improvement in your speed once you are upgraded.
Jojo  Smiley
valart
Grafter

How much more would it cost  if I did order 20mps, I am paying at the moment £5.,99 a month being a senior citizen I have to watch the pennies so if there was a bigger sum to pay I would have to put up with what I have got.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi valart,
It's the same price on up to 20Mbps as it is on the up to 8Mbps speeds Smiley
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The article Faster Plusnet Broadband, for free on the Community site front page provides more information.
David
valart
Grafter

If I still ave to pay £5.99 a month for this upgrade how do I go about ordering this.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You may well have done just that by your post above Wink
Seriously though Matt, Joanne or another of the DC team may well pick this back up and place the order for you. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi valart,
I've tried to place this order for you myself but had some problems so I've referred it to one of our provisioning guys - they should get it placed for you today and it should complete tomorrow. I'll update as soon as we know any more.