cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Profile Again

landrocket

Speed Profile Again

Can somebody please check/adjust my speed profile.
Member centre says:
Phone exchange:
   BARNWOOD
Estimated line speed:
   55Mb (Accurate to within +/- 1Mbit) - Checked on 2013-05-19 22:24:49
Current line speed:
   40 Mb
Again, I was told by the BT Openreach engineer that my line was good for >70mb, was always good for 24mb on ADSL so I do believe it should be performing better.
Many thanks for your assistance
J.
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Speed Profile Again

Hi J,
Your profile is now matching, give it 10-15 minutes and you should see the difference.
hypnoboy
Grafter

This profile reset appears to be a very regular problem, my engineer replaced the cabling to the home, tested the line and he said and i quote " Your line is more than capable of handing the full speed which you should be getting. and is currently stable at 38.7 meg, if there are any more issues with speed, make sure your ip profile has not been reset, but there will be no need for it to be dropped as it is stable with new cables ".
It was indeed stable for a week and a half, until there appeared to be 2 drop outs in the early hours of the morning, so now the nice 37+ I had, has gone to about 12/25 depending on the time of day and when i run a test. the profile has dropped from 40 to 29, and now i have to wait AGAIN to see if the profile will be adjusted by BT.
I work from home so the more time i spend on the phone, and answering questions the less time I have to work and is proving to be inconvenient, but what are you going to do eh, some things just need sorting once and for all.
However I am already talking to other providers about their fibre packages, as i am sick of my profile being adjusted and constantly being on the phone and having to wait 3 days at a time to not get anything done.
IF this is not reset and looked into by later on today, I fear I may be looking into other service providers as I need a stable connection which I can use for my job and one which I do not have to chase up all the time.

Best of luck with getting yours resolved and I hope it remains stable for you.
Craig
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Craig,
I've popped a reply on the thread you created.