Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Problems

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Speed Problems

That upload speed is attrocious, I've had dial-up faster than that Shocked  I can't say much about the download without seeing line stats etc. except that speed should allow you do at least read and post reasonably on here.
If you can answer a few basic questions - Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls?
Do you have an NTE5a type Master socket? - It's got the join across the middle. Do you have an extension phone sockets? Where is the modem/router plugged in at the moment?
Is everything that's plugged into the Line plugged in via Filters - that's phones , Sky boxes , Faxes etc.
slooowwwlllyyy
Dabbler

Hi
No crackling on the line ,no problems with the phone incoming or outgoing calls,
i have the socket with the join across the middle,
No extension sockets,
router is plugged in where i have had my other routers  plugged in since the last 5 years, tried moving it to a different location but made no differance to speed,
only items plugged in is phone and router via filter,(which i have also changed several times)
Tried several computers to see if any differance, but no differance
Only thing i have notice is that on the 2 occasions that i have had lost speed is that when i click on the internet conection icon at the bottom of the screen bt home hub and other bt icons appear
I am not connected to them but it is something that may or may not be relevant
Anotherone
Champion

So you are using a home hub at the moment - not the friendliest of things to get stats from - which model?
What other modem/routers have you got?
slooowwwlllyyy
Dabbler

sorry you may have interpereted my post wrong
I am using the Technicolor TG582N plusnet router.This is the new one that plusnet posted me 3 weeks ago
It is only when i click on the internet icon at the bottm of the screen it shows bt hub and other bt icons which are not connected, It looks like i am picking up some wireless signal for bt hub from somewhere, although i am Hundreds of yards away from the nearest house,
I am connected to plusnet wireless.
Even using the ethernet cable makes no differance
Anotherone
Champion

To be clear then, you are saying when connected via ethernet cable those upload speedtest results are the same?
Edit: Can you tell us what OS you are using?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi slooowwwlllyyy,
I'm sorry to hear about the speed issues you've had and that you've not had a response to the fault ticket yet. I'll do my best to get that some attention ASAP for you.
I'll take it upon myself to keep you updated as we work through this. I can see you've replied to a few different threads (just an observation, not a judgement) but I'd ask if we can keep our correspondence about this to this thread seeing as its the first one you replied to.
I'll make sure we get back to you by the end of the day.
Adam

UPDATE: I'm just looking at this with a colleague again right now and we've just completed some diagnostics, next we'll need to do the same diagnostics with the router in the test socket, can you do that for us and let me know when that's happened and we'll be able to continue looking into this for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: slooowwwlllyyy
i have the socket with the join across the middle,
No extension sockets
slooowwwlllyyy
Dabbler

Well here we are again same problem once more, less than 48hrs after i got the text saying everything is working ok.
I just cant believe plusnet cant do a simple job properly, find the fault and rectify it,it aint rocket sience, it appears what plusnet seem to do is moniter your connection find a fault then monitor it for another 48 hrs (doing nothing to fix the problem) then when it goes right by itself tell you it all sorted.
That amounts to finding a hole in a dam puting a cork in it and hopes it will stop the flow of water.
But any sensible person would know that the cork wont take the pressure for long before it  becomes loose and the dam leaks again.
Is this what we can expect from plusnet ?
Is this what you mean when you say WE"LL DO YOU PROUD
Is this what you call GOOD HONEST RELIABLE BROADBAND
I have had more reliable broadband in a third world country than you have supplied me  up to yet
Do you think that you could be prosecuted for obtaining money by deception?, because what you have prommised you havent delivered
Anotherone
Champion

What I don't think you are understanding is that if there is a fault on your phone line (which Openreach have to fix) then is will seriously affect your broadband. The provider that has to get Openreach to fix it is the one you pay line rental to. Who is that?
Certain types of faults, especially those that are intermittent can be very hard to locate.
Secondly, if you could post the full DSL stats from your modem/router then we may be able to give some detailed advice on what to do, what may be wrong etc. If you don't know how to get the stats then just ask.
Edit: spelling
slooowwwlllyyy
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply
I do understand there is a fault on my line which openreach have to fix,What i dont understand is that when plusnet agreed that there was a drop in the line between 20th and the 22nd may they did nothing about it except sit back and wait another 48hrs before replying to me saying that they have monitored the line for 48hrs and it seem stable.
My provider is PLUSNET so they should fix it not just sit back and wait another 48hrs to see if it corrects itself
As for DSL stats i did ask if i could get some info on how to get them
but as i have an upload speed of 0.03 i always time out.
I have been on here since 9 pm and in that time i have only got round to posting messages.
Rather frustrating having to go through it all again and again and again just to get a message across
Anotherone
Champion

OK, to get the stats you have to log in to the Modem/Router. I'm assuming that you've not been with Plusnet too long and so have the TG582n Modem/Router.
To login see this guide http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-faqs.shtml#logon (para.4 steps 1,2,& 3).
Then see para. 5 you need to click on Broadband Connection on the Left Hand menu (not the middle of the screen), then either DSL Connection on the LHS, or View more...  under DSL Connection.
Once you've done that you'll see Details on the top right hand side, click on it and you should see the full stats.
Start at the top where it says Link Information and highlight with your mouse from there to the end of the Errors and do a Copy and then paste into a post. There is no need to grab a screen shot.
If you really have trouble following that lot, after you've logged in , use the following link http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/dsl/dt/?be=0&l0=2&l1=0
HTH.