Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

I'm not sure spamming the forums with speed tests showing it's fast off peak and very slow during peak time is actually contributing much - we've got that message. What it is doing is making it harder to spot other information (e.g. posts from other users affected) in the 15 pages.
What would be a useful contribution would be a summary of the speed test results in a table - perhaps you could put together a spreadsheet summarising both yours and other peoples results along these lines:
Date, time, user, speedtest. download, upload
Speedtest would be which one used (BT, thinkbroadband,speedtest.net)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyH
Grafter

Speedtest.net records all your speed tests and I believe you can export them in *.csv format.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Latest updates:
Alsager/Kidsgrove - Capacity issue has been identified and they have ordered additional capacity into the exchanges. At the moment there's no ETA but we'll be escalating this up the chain and I'm talking to the BTR guys as well to see how many users they've got affected.
Furness area - no change since yesterday evening, ETA is still mid February.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
GeoJ
Dabbler

Thanks Dave.
About the Alsager/Kidsgrove fix, I understand that some Alsager FTTC users have Kidsgrove as a parent exchange. Will this fix also solve the problem for those of us on ADSL2+ connecting into the Alsager exchange or will it only help FTTC users that have Kidsgrove as their parent exchange?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm not quite sure which bit of kit/network is seeing the congestion but we've raised cases on both FTTC and ADSL/ADSL2+ customers at both exchanges and they've said that the work they are doing should fix it everyone.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
englishrick
Grafter

Ok thanks Dave for the update. Let's hope it's true this time as the supposed last fix was a load of old tosh... Right how do I go about getting some recompense for having this problem almost a month and god knows how much longer??? Any chance you can see if you can sort something cheers
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
I'm not sure spamming the forums with speed tests showing it's fast off peak and very slow during peak time is actually contributing much - we've got that message. What it is doing is making it harder to spot other information (e.g. posts from other users affected) in the 15 pages.
What would be a useful contribution would be a summary of the speed test results in a table - perhaps you could put together a spreadsheet summarising both yours and other peoples results along these lines:
Date, time, user, speedtest. download, upload
Speedtest would be which one used (BT, thinkbroadband,speedtest.net)

You want to go and tell all them on the PIRATE BAY thread that mate.... at least my thread is relevant to this forum...and does not involve illegal activity....
englishrick
Grafter

Hi Dave any news on an ETA of repair and anything about being compensated for this?Huh
ColinBe
Dabbler

I'd also appreciate an update on this....
My line also ends up back at the Kidsgrove exchange, and although I'm normally able to hit around 73mbps~ off-peak, I'm currently getting a very inconsistent 2-3mbps. Packet loss appears to be a contributing factor, which is no doubt related to the congestion issues, resulting in a very much unusable service...! To be fair, I don't use the internet at home all that mich, but when I do, I would like the experience to be a pleasant one. I wish I never bothered switching providers now, it's been ropey ever since. Be There (now Sky), without fail, they provided a rock solid 13-15mbps~ service..... all the time.
*Sigh*.
sharktech
Dabbler

Same here I'm attached to Kidsgrove, I've only been active for a week and it's been like this since day 1. When does it become valid for reductions/credits being applied to our accounts.
Thanks
AndyH
Grafter

Has anyone here in Dalton-In-Furness seen better peak time performance over the last 24-48 hrs?
I see the original BTW fault ticket (http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/fault-outage-details.aspx?reference=2061) now says:
22/01/2014 15:20 FINAL Degraded service issue was resolved on 19th Jan at 06:00 by moving customers onto different network elements. Service was monitored for stability through peak periods to confirm no degraded service was experienced by customers. BT regrets any inconvenience this may have caused.

10 Feb fix has now gone?
steve101

Hi Andy, I'm in Barrow in Furness and though I have no figures from last night, streaming from YouTube was as bad as ever and I assumed things hadn't changed. The night before that my speeds where down below 5mbps. I'll run some tests tonight and see what I get. I'm not particularly hopeful !
Just for reference I'm getting the speeds below on the BTW Performance Test. (12.53)
Download 73.4, Upload 15.44, Ping 19.63
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Some users on Barrow/Dalton in Furness have been fixed but some are still seeing problems, our monitoring is still seeing packet loss at that exchange and the case we raised is still open. ETA is still the same.
No new information on Alsager/Kidsgrove, I did chase earlier.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Roblister
Grafter

Nope still the same in Ulverston (Dalton exchange), just tested it at peak and it's down to 7.5Mbps and falling.  So hopefully BTW don't consider it 'fixed'.
m3

furness area. message I received today from plusnet
The problem in the area referred to in one of the BT community links was confirmed to us on Monday as due to be completed by the 10th February. I have been checking with our suppliers on this and they have confirmed that it has been affecting your connection and that the target completion date for the work has been brought forward to today. I haven't been able to get anything more concrete, though. I would suggest checking your connection to see if there is any improvement and please let us know what you find.
Kind regards,
link:csa removed
suppose to be fixed by 8pm tonight .lets see what happens eh!
adie:red CSA name removed as per link:rules