Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

Its Madness, I tell you.....Madness    Cheesy

Roblister
Grafter

Checking in from Furness/Dalton exchange  (from Ulverston)
Don't know about the others from our area but it's looking better here now (going at full speed and real world downloads performing well.  Very slightly bumpy on Thinkbroadband's single thread test), I don't know if they got something done early.  Of course, it's after midnight, so it would've been speeding up anyway - the big test will be tomorrow evening and the true peak which I heard from a PN employee on TBB is usually Monday+Tuesday evening.
Thanks for keeping us up to date.  As much shouting as there is in here, on personal experience it's progressed where other ISPs would've been doing an IT Crowd still ("have you turned it off and on again / are you sure it's plugged in")
Hopefully you can sort Rick out too for everyone's sake Smiley
tonycollinet
Grafter

And now:
ColinBe
Dabbler

My graph:

sharktech - I'm fairly new to the area, so I'm not sure where the "newchapel estate" is. I'm around ST7 if that gives you any indication...
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

BTW confirmed the work in the Furness area was completed this morning so hopefully that will be back to normal now. Be good to hear over the weekend whether that's the case. I'll update the exchange page to say we're monitoring.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
sharktech
Dabbler

*** ColinBe and all others on Kidsgrove ***
Just had confirmation that my connection is on a "hot virtual path" (i did ask if they need more fans or better aircon lol) and that it needs moving to stop the speed issues, Give Faults a ring and they should sort you out aswell.
It should take 24-48 hours to be sorted and i will update you all once i've confirmed its done.
Fingers Crossed
Cheers
tonycollinet
Grafter

And just to add.
Although it looks from the test results posted above that I am "only" getting a 70% reduction in speed from 13mb/s to 4mb/s, the actual effect is MUCH worse, becasue the packet loss is causing applications to misbehave
For example - the website move I did this week. The FTP download took around 5 hours spread over 2 evenings. this was becasue filezilla was stalling and timing out after every 2 to 3 files. I repeated the same download this morning as a test, and it took 7 minutes. The result of this is that the website move took two full evenings, instead of about 30 minutes.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Quote from: sharktech
*** ColinBe and all others on Kidsgrove ***
Just had confirmation that my connection is on a "hot virtual path" (i did ask if they need more fans or better aircon lol) and that it needs moving to stop the speed issues, Give Faults a ring and they should sort you out aswell.
It should take 24-48 hours to be sorted and i will update you all once i've confirmed its done.
Fingers Crossed
Cheers

Is that also likely to apply to ADSL2+ on the Alsager exchange?
And Dave, can you chase up for an ETA on Alsager/Kidsgrove increased capacity. Thanks.
Roblister
Grafter

Thanks Dave.
So far so good in Ulverston - Friday evening is usually bad
usual speed 47-50
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=139119608628305819497
A tiny bit wobbly on the x1 but far from bad.  looking great with x5.

Couple of spikes but nothing that looks ugly so far.  First try at the ping graph, actually.
We do have an error-prone line for some reason, the line's capable of 62 but with all the errors it put some heavy interleaving on soon after we got it, hence we get 47-50.
Cautiously optimistic.  Well, definitely - it would've been down to 2mbps this time last week Cheesy
steve101

Things looking good here in Barrow as well ! 73mbps down, 14mbps up and ping of 21.  Smiley
englishrick
Grafter

Not good again here tonight...
And I see the talk of compensation has been brushed under the carpet again!!!
mattprince
Grafter

The thing with companies, they will only give in when pushed. I had a nightmare trip back from Lanzarote in November with Jet2 and they damaged 2 of my cases. I asked for a replacement or money to buy new and was fobbed off and told my cases weren't fit for purpose. They offered me a staggering £3, yes three pound per case for compensation as they were 3 year old (although still in as new condition) I took them to the small claims court and they folded and ended up settling out of court for the full amount. If PlusNet don't do the right thing , then the small claims court is an easy option, something I will do myself. Our problem has been ongoing for MONTHS. If we didn't pay for months we would be cut off and our credit report affected. It cant always be a one way street.  Companies that do this are just stupid in my opinion as we travel 3 to 4 times a year , as do lots of my family , and none of us will ever touch Jet2 again. How much money will they lose of just our family over the next few years, and what for?? To try and con me out of what was rightfully mine. PlusNet are going the same way.
Matt
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Post contents merged.
[color=darkorange][Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]

mjenks65

You guys are lucky  I had my slowest speed yesterday of 0.11 mbps , I dont know whats going on as one minute I have 14-16 mbps next minute I have under 2, i have a ticket in (#80468992)  but even with the SNR reset and updating some of my line settings  ,it didn't help, seems to be even worse around dinner time and after 5 pm right into the evening . I even went and bought  a new modem/router (i have ADSL+) no fibre here,!
I should be getting up to 17mbps  on this line and would be happy with a constant 10 .
jibstar1uk
Dabbler

Is there anyone having speed issues in the Birmingham area?
My connection has been slow over the past few days.
mjenks65

im near gloucester and your speed test looks a bit like mine, its hardly broadband more like slow internet!
Is your speed fluctuating a lot like mine? Do a few tests about five minutes apart and compare the speeds , when i do it one reads 12 mbps next  one is  2  ect total cr*p!