cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

steve101

Re: Speed Problem Yet AGAIN !!!!!!

Just following up from earlier, speeds have dropped again.
Download 4.5, Upload 15.02 and Ping 42.13
Hopefully good news to share later tonight ! Thanks for the info m3.
sharktech
Dabbler

Quote from: dave
Some users on Barrow/Dalton in Furness have been fixed but some are still seeing problems, our monitoring is still seeing packet loss at that exchange and the case we raised is still open. ETA is still the same.
No new information on Alsager/Kidsgrove, I did chase earlier.

So for all users with issues then are plusnet looking to compensate us?
Thanks
englishrick
Grafter

They keep skirting round that question!!!! I have asked a few times and I'm still waiting for a reply... I have been paying £20 a month for below ADSL speeds....BARGAIN I DON'T THINK..
dick:quote
tonycollinet
Grafter

I think it is quite unlikely they will discuss individual refunds in the forums. If you want to take it up - raise a ticket, and make it a formal request.
AndyH
Grafter

I don't think they discuss it on here because there is no set policy.
I don't believe BT Wholesale compensate PN for these problems (looking at some documents - it would appear only Annex M and WBC Elevated ADSL carry a throughput SLG).
I am sure they will discuss compensation with you though once the problem is fixed.
Roblister
Grafter

Surprisingly not completely terrible right now in Ulverston.  Still not the full speed (and still 10-11 on the single thread mode on the TBB test) and no doubt it'll get worse as the night goes on, but at least it's usable.  I don't know if they've optimised something in the interim until the new equipment comes in Feb. 
(No doubt now I've said that it'll grind to a halt again in a few mins!)
steve101

Still very bad here in Barrow. Download 2.94, Upload 12.16 and Ping 50.63. Was thinking of sending this message by carrier pigeon.
tonycollinet
Grafter

I keep telling you. Wet string, two tin cans....... and a spoon.

Its the future!
englishrick
Grafter

It is in Alsager Tony from around 4pm onwards is the downward spiral!!!!! i'll drop some string off when i'm off to work up the Excalibur estate on Monday ...
englishrick
Grafter

Well that's another week of extremely poor internet service....... don't know how much longer I can take this now...
mattprince
Grafter

Its been like this for me on and off since I signed up for PlusNet. I was with Sky before and it never missed a beat (although was slower as not fibre). I've asked 3 times for money off as the speed is less than I was getting with Sky and 3 times I have been told that as I have had service, I'm not entitled to any compensation as they don't guarantee speed , they just guarantee service. I can imagine somebody who buys a Ferrari and finding it only does 50mph, being fine with that type of reply. The PlusNet slogan is good HONEST broadband, I don't find it honest and I don't find it good most of the time as soon as it hits peak time , it drops like a stone. I'm currently sitting at a massive 4mb down and not even 1mb up. I've got 3 kids sat by the TV trying to watch a movie on the Xbox and its just constantly buffering. In the end I've had to turn it off , and now have 3 kids not happy. I've turned everything else off and retested the speed on the computer and still the same stupidly slow speed. On order I was told 47mb down and 16mb up. Then it was fitted and it was 38mb down and 7mb up I think, I was told to just like it or lump it basically. Then it dropped to 33mb down and 5mb up and was told that's normal. Now mostly its below 5mb down and 1mb up at evenings. I think I may research into how I deal with this as I'm just getting nowhere fast with PlusNet and getting compensation.
Matt
englishrick
Grafter

Anyone from PN heard of an ETA of this fix YET ??????
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Excessive emoticons removed.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you thought of contacting your local newspaper to run a story on it?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
englishrick
Grafter

Very constructive post!!!!  Have you thought it's not my problem to sort this out its what. I pay a monthly sub for a service if it was my problem I would of sorted it by now
dick:quote
AndyH
Grafter

He was being serious.
I would raise it with your local council/councillor and possibly MP.
There is nothing can Plusnet can do, other than keep raising and escalating it with their suppliers. Ultimately, it's out of their control.