Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Issues ongoing

mikelally
Grafter

Speed Issues ongoing

Help
After many issues leading to Joanne hard fixing my SNR to 6 I have reconnected my fax line to the master socket used to feed the PC. I tried a number of combinations of filter/splitter etc to see which worked best. Unfortunately BT's DSL decided to drop my IP profile to 750 (from 4000). Not knowing what caused this I have reconnected direct to the test socket. The router has now been on line for 3 days 18 hours and the download rate has not changed at all. I have tried to do a BT speedcheck but that now gets to "checking user details" and then freezes. All the time my download speed has been at 750 the plusnet  speed advice has still been showing a sync of 5 and a IP of 4. What is happening. Also my old ADSL download speed was 5900 very stable on changing to ADSL2+ my download speed went up to 7700 again stable for 3 days but then I had some computer problems and really things have gone downhill from there. How can I get back to the stable 7700kbps I had before. Also when will my present speed increase above 750k
Just managed a complete BT speed test this gives a DSL connection rate of 4688 but an IP profile of 750.
Mike
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speed Issues ongoing

Hi mike,
I've done some maintenance on the line which should have fixed the profile issue, not sure if there's any lingering problems there but let us know if it's made no difference or there are still any problems.
Hope that helps.
mikelally
Grafter

Thanks Matt
Download speed has now risen to 3759kbps this is useable but nowhere near the 7700kbps at the start of the trial and not even close to the 5900kbps with ADSL.  The big problem seems to be that the computer problem I had upset the training period. It has never been good since then.
Mike
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is the fax line still connected? Slightly worried that that may be affecting the speeds, though if you've removed it then it could well be a line fault.
mikelally
Grafter

Hi Matt
I've got a splitter/filter directly into the test socket then the ADSl cable (2m) connected directly into the router and the router connected directly into the back of the computer - another 2m cable. The fax is not connected. I have a few different splitter/filters and have ordered a new BT ADSL Faceplate (NTE2000) for NTE5 Linebox. I am afraid to change anything though as the DLM seems to be in attack mode!
Mike