Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Issue and Sync Issue

buzz234
Dabbler

Speed Issue and Sync Issue

Hi,
Noticed a drop in speed in general over the last week - used to be 36Mbps now at 28Mbps, upload seems to be fine.
Also Current Line speed is shown at 78Mb but Estimated is set as 35Mb? - Why the reduction? Been with you for a while and love the service, shame if things are starting to deteriorate already Sad
Tested on master socket, LAN cable not wifi with BT speed test and seen speeds reduce over the week..
Would someone from PlusNet be able to take a look?
Many thanks!! Cheesy
8 REPLIES 8
thesawdust
Grafter

Re: Speed Issue and Sync Issue

Run the test http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com then click further diagnostic
See what IP profile is set as here?
buzz234
Dabbler

Hopefully this helps - attached image.
Uswitch online shows that i can get 76Mbs broadband to my postcode! Is this something for a future consideration?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

HI buzz234,
I've just been running some diagnostic tests which don't show an obvious cause for the lowering in download speed so you might want to consider raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net
Uswitch online shows that i can get 76Mbs broadband to my postcode! Is this something for a future consideration?

76mb would usually just denote the maximum available fibre speed in your area rather than being a reflection of the service your line would be able to receive.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
buzz234
Dabbler

hi Adam,
thanks for the reply - will run tests.
Does this mean 76Mbs is available in some way? I would pay to upgrade if needs be...
thanks
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

No! It means some people who are close to their cabinet will get the maximum speeds of around 76Mbps.
AndyH
Grafter

What does it say here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ for your estimated speeds?
buzz234
Dabbler

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.... Andy I got this, could not do it by phone number (Plus net put in a new one for me - not owned by BT?)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The telephone number should work as both Plusnet and BT Retail provide a telephone service using BT Wholesale.
Did you by any chance key a space in the middle of the number? If you did you might have spotted that when the "There is no data available for this number. " error came back the final digit was missing.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)