cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Fault

flemingp
Hooked

Speed Fault

I have been getting a down load speed of around 1.75 Mb/s and an upload of around .7 Mb/s,  this appears to have dropped to  .6 Mb/s with the upload remaining around .7Mb/s.

i.e. the down load speed is less that half that of what I have been getting.

This falls short of even the Estimated speed given to me - and we are now unable to watch BBC iplayer for example.

Before making this post at 1.26 am the test was run again with a direct connection to the router with similar results.

When using the BT wholesale broadband test, and selecting run a further diagnostic it kept reporting:

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

Please advise, thank you.

Paul

Telephone number: Phone exchange: CASTLEFORD Estimated line speed: 1.0Mb (This may vary between 0.75Mb and 2.5Mb) - Checked on 2017-08-22 14:26:44 Current line speed: 0.6 Mb

6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Speed Fault

Have you tried self help via links below?
Plugging router into test socket of the BT Master socket would eliminate any internal wiring issues.

flemingp
Hooked

Yes have eliminated internal wiring,  have tried the other links except for chat service which is not operational - will keep trying.

Thank you for your response.

Paul

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

If you've a loudspeaker phone call PN's 0800 number whilst carrying on doing something useful.
CHAT's suspension is allegedly to put more staff onto the phones ie to reduce waiting times.
Hmmm.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello Paul.

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

I've made some changes to your line, can you let us know how things look by tonight?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
flemingp
Hooked

Thank you very much for getting back to me on this.

I have also had a response via private message on FB, so will respond there.

Thank you again - much appreciated - Paul

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems Paul, let us know if we can be of further assistance

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet