Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Dropped

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Speed Dropped

That's something we *have* to make all customers aware who raise a fault with us.
If we're getting you a DLM Reset completed, an engineer shouldn't require access to your premises, therefore, you can disregard that comment.
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

Thank you
I have now seen the updates and BT does not understand why the line is going so slow so there is activity on going
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

Right after one week of going back and forth I just found out that some BT technician has been looking at the line twice to check if it was stable.
When did I actually request that? The line was disconnected as I was making changes to the LAN there was never an issue
All I want was a DLM reset I never complain about connection stability
At contract time I was given 50 Mbps, on day one I got 40 Mbps sync speed and now am on 35 Mbps for the way the line has been profile
This is totally unacceptable. Can someone do what they are requested for once instead on going an looking at a fault that is not there and everyone knows it?
Totally ridiculous can this be please done instead of wasting time of technicians watching paint dry????
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

So what is going to happen here?
I have followed the suggested procedure and instead of getting a DLM reset I have had one week of line observation to tell me that the line is stable, which I knew it was already, and all is good
It is obvious that the right hand (support) does not speak with the left hand (people here on the forum from plusnet) as the link to this post has been completely ignored and my request treated as a fault for line disconnecting instead of DLM reset following profile changes from my own router resets (intentional as I was changing the LAN)
What now?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our Faults Team will be back in touch.
We work tickets which are oldest first, so if you leave your ticket where it is, we'll get to it and arrange a DLM Reset for you.
Apologies for the time taken to get this arranged for you.
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

Thank you Chris
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

OK I got this email today
I tried to call you today but there was no answer. As you're on an FTTC circuit we cannot perform a DLM reset ourselves. As such we will need to arrange for an engineer to visit and test the circuit. If the engineer deems that a DLM reset is necessary they will do this for you. Please get back to us with your availability. Engineers can be booked Monday - Friday and available slots are 08:00 - 13:00 or 13:00 - 18:00.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,

What am I supposed to tell them? i do not want an engineer to evaluate if it is needed to to a DLM reset. I want a DLM reset to be performed period. How do I respond to this?
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

Well I have told them the story from the beginning. So hopefully the BT engineer will reset DLM and put the line back in training instead of watching paint dry
Still internal communication at plusnet seems less than fluid and the ability to read a ticket and address the actual issue instead of going for the standard script seems low
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Really sorry about this.
I've arranged for an engineer to complete a DLM Reset for you this afternoon. No access is required to your property.
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

Thank you Chris
Hopefully this will go through as expected
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If there any changes or issues with it, I'll let you know.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well it's just been confirmed so it should be this afternoon.
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro

Right it happened as you said
Now I get maximum possible speed of the line 41.12 Mbps current speed 32.82 Mbps
I wonder why that is!!!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The Fault Ticket has been released from hold so our Faults Team will run some further checks on your line and will be in touch.