cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Drop

Sparks678
Grafter

Speed Drop

Good Evening. I've noticed my download speeds have dropped by two thirds. Can you guys have a look?

6 REPLIES 6
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Speed Drop

Hi @Sparks678,

I'm sorry that your speed has dropped and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I've tested your line and can see that your line is currently banded, which is restricting your speed to 3mbps. The test hasn't picked up any other faults so I've arranged for the line to be reset to try and fix this. The reset normally takes 4 hours to complete. After 4 hours your router will need to be powered off for 10 seconds and then turned back on. When it reconnects we'd expect the speed to be normal again, but it can take 24 hours before everything fully updates.

Please let us know if your speed is still poor after 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Sparks678
Grafter

Thanks its got a good bit faster, but not as fast as before. Can you check again?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Sparks678,

I have checked your connection and it is showing out of sync. Can you advise if the router is switched on?

If it is, please can you plug your equipment into the test socket shown in the guide here and let us know if the connection returns and we will run a speed test for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Sparks678
Grafter

Can you check again as yesterday I had the connection cutting in and out and now its like dial up speed.

Sparks678
Grafter

I've phoned up and they sorted it over the phone.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Sparks678,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm glad that's been sorted for you. If you have any further queries on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us here or via the ticket.

Thanks - LF