Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spamhaus and PN IP addresses

pnuser
Grafter

Re: Spamhaus and PN IP addresses

Quote from: Ian
Could I perhaps ask for one other favour too - would you be kind enough to drop me a mail  to iwild@plus.net, so I can at take a look at the mail you are generating.
Kind Regards,
Ian

I did last night
pnuser
Grafter

[Could I perhaps ask for one other favour too - would you be kind enough to drop me a mail  to iwild@plus.net, so I can at take a look at the mail you are generating.
Kind Regards,
Ian

Has it still not arrived?
Do you need me to send another?
itsme
Grafter

@pnuser
Currently you have not supplied any evidence that the problem you seem to suggest that you have is down to Plusnet. The listing of PN dynamic IP's in the PBL is standard and I have posted earlier in this thread showing that BT dynamic IP's addresses are also listed. If you do a search on Spamhaus PBL you will find other poeple complaining about how badly some email servers implement the PBL.
Unless you post a header of a failed email then there is little that I/we can do to help you.
Ianwild
Grafter

Quote from: pnuser
[Could I perhaps ask for one other favour too - would you be kind enough to drop me a mail  to iwild@plus.net, so I can at take a look at the mail you are generating.
Kind Regards,
Ian

Has it still not arrived?
Do you need me to send another?

Hi There,
Sorry for the delay in replying - I have been up to my eyes today.
So, your email didn't arrive in my Inbox yesterday, although I don't get my daily Postini summary till 10PM so if you sent it after 10PM last night and maybe Postini quarantined it.
I'm going to drop you a PM with my Gmail address and a couple of others. If you could forward a mail to each of them that would be appreciated - Maybe I will be able to spot what's going on. However, I'm not going to be about much tomorrow at all, so please do bear with me.
Ian
pnuser
Grafter

Hi There,
Sorry for the delay in replying - I have been up to my eyes today.
So, your email didn't arrive in my Inbox yesterday, although I don't get my daily Postini summary till 10PM so if you sent it after 10PM last night and maybe Postini quarantined it.
I'm going to drop you a PM with my Gmail address and a couple of others. If you could forward a mail to each of them that would be appreciated - Maybe I will be able to spot what's going on. However, I'm not going to be about much tomorrow at all, so please do bear with me.
Ian

I have sent them all this morning - not all in one block but all with
pnuser email check in the subject
and a copy of your email to me in the body
thanks
Ianwild
Grafter

Well, the ones I didn't get were the ones sent through our internal mail platform, the rest seem to be fine.
Getting to the bottom of this will be interesting I think. Could you try another 5 (with a subject including numbering of 1 - 5) sent to iwild@plus.net only when you get a chance please?
Ian
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,
I'm about to go on holiday pnuser, and I didn't want to leave you in the lurch.
Just to say, the emails that went via our internal mail platform ended up in my Postini Quarantine report, but the ones that came to my normal account address (which also go through Postini, but which doesn't have as strict a setting) came through without a problem. I've raised internal bug 52276 with all the headers, and asked the networks guys to try and pin down what is causing the poorish spam scoring on your emails. Hopefully one of my colleagues will be able to give you an update on the progress with that reference number early next week.
Kind Regards,
Ian
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

What's a PBL?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pierre_pierre
Grafter

from Item 0 page one
an example - right now 87.112.0.0/16 is listed on the Policy Block List (PBL)
lingbob
Grafter

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I don't think much of this Spam House.
They even have me listed as a spammer.
I don't even run a SMTP server - although I was considering it at one time, little knowing that someone had already broadcast that I am a spam generator.
Since I have a "fixed" IP address, I would imagine that this is libellous.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."