Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam thats not Spam

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Spam thats not Spam

Hi.  This is proably a silly question , and has been addressed before, but here goes.
I am on the Postini system, and some E-Mails get incorrectly labelled as Spam, and put into the Spam folder in Webmail. How can I stop this happening, the mails are usually from my brother in law, who is also with PlusNet.  IS there a way of selecting that his E-Mail is always trusted etc???.  I use Thunderbird on my laptop, and outlook 2003 on my main system, in case I have to set something up there, but I was under the impression that it gets sent directly to the spam filter, and not the inbox, which I assume I download from.
Any ideas???
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Spam thats not Spam

I take it you have a Web Mail spam folder, if not why not?
the ones that are false positive click the button the report tem as not spam, then move them from the spam folder to the inbox, and download with either thunderbird or outlook., if you havnt got a spam folder let us know and I will post a link to a set up video
pierre_pierre
Grafter

re why is your spam not in the spam folder have you look at this
http://www.plus.net/support/security/spam/spam_video.shtml
dont forget to do it for all your mail boxes
LAdrain
Dabbler

I am in the same boat. 
I have emails that I get every day that are good, then all of a sudden they are flagged as SPAM.  I mark them as NOT SPAM, but they keep going into SPAM.
Meanwhile I get no end of emails in my intray for penis enlargements and this week it has been about mens health fram a variant of my email address or else UNKNOWN.
Force9 are a real pain with emails, other providers do not appear to have this same problem.
godsell4
Rising Star

Yep, these are known as false positives, the subject has been a problem at PN for many months are despite being warned this was a problem at day one of Postini ... progress at fixing this has been pretty glacial. The histroy of this is seen @ http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=59289.0
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,57643.msg502468.html#msg502468 for what's coming.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks
I have the Spam folders all set up, and mark things that are not spam as NOTSPAM, but they still keep getting tagged.  The p;ost made by Jelv appears interesting, hopefully this will not be long coming.  Its sounds as thats what I want to do, whitelist E-Mail addresses.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: penfold

I am on the Postini system, and some E-Mails get incorrectly labelled as Spam, and put into the Spam folder in Webmail. How can I stop this happening, the mails are usually from my brother in law, who is also with PlusNet.

Anybody else think this is particularly odd?  Surely Plusnet-to-Plusnet mails should already be whitelisted?
cleggers

I too have started getting non spam tagged as spam.  I asked PN and guess what ... their reply was also tagged as spam  Angry
Their answer was to read the help files .... which has an FAQ about the problem but does not answer it.
As I'm now getting hundreds of the dam stuff every day, I'll give PN a couple of days to resolve or else I'm moving supplier.
cleggers

Smiley Hmmmm, PN quickly came up with a suggested fix for my circumstances, fingers crossed it works.