Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting Mail

stathe
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sorting Mail

In O E. I have my ordinary plus.com address and also an org one I wish to separate the mail, I presume it all comes to plus.com and I have tried to put filters to put the org mail  in a different folder but they dont seem to work ( I have catch all on) How would be the best way to do this Thanks for help
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Sorting Mail

All POP3 accounts deliver mail to your Inbox so you have to use a rule to move them to separate folders.
You can do it via the OE rules as I have many POP3 accounts, both on the same domain and on different domains all going to sub-folders under inbox. Note: the folder you want the email copied into must be created first.
An example rule where I check the to and cc is as follows:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
Where the To or CC line contains
'status@myusername.plus.com'
Move it to the Service Status folder
    and Stop processing more rules
Another example where I test who the email is from, in this case its the emails from PlusNet support:
Apply this rule after the message arrives
Where the From line contains 'support@plus.net'
Move it to the PN Support folder
    and Stop processing more rules
Note the last bit - Stop processing rules - which means after the rule has moved the email don't process any further rules on the message which may move it elsewhere or even delete it.
ChrisL
Rising Star

Just in case the Original Poster needs a bit more help...
Message Rules in OE can be found on the <Tools> drop-down menu. Run your pointer down to <Message rules> and, on the sub-menu, click <Mail>.  Then proceed as suggested by Peter.
I hope this is useful, and I'm not just being patronising. It can be a bit difficult to tell what is being asked.  Smiley
stathe
Rising Star

Thanks to you both,it works fine now ,although I had made rules I hadnt done them properly  Thanks again