cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, Speed again

stratton

Sorry, Speed again

My apologies for this being about speed again and for the length of the post.
I have been with PlusNet for some time and I am getting fed up with the low speeds.
I was first on th 1mb service, paid to go to the 2 mb and was getting fairly good speeds. Opted for BYW option3 earlier this year. Since then have not got any faster than 2mbps download, except for the other afternoon when I was getting 4320.7kbps for 3 hours, after which it dropped down to 1643.6.
Now my router (Zoom X5, Ethernet connection) says it's connecting at 7616 downstream and 448 up.
SNR local 15.0 db remote 21.0 db
Attenuation local 25.5 and remote 13.0
transmit power 1.19db local and 19.69 db. MTU 1500
Rwin set through DrTCP is 514040 and MTU 1500, TTL 64
Last BT speed test showed
IP Profile 6500 kbps
Connection rate 448 downstream and 7616 kbps down.
Actual throughput 974 kbps.
On the Plusnet portal it says my current broadband speed is 2000Kbps.
I have trawled through websites and forums and changed the Rwin s recommended. Tried disabling firewalls and antivirus. Checked the phone box and only two wires are connected.
I have changed the box front for one from ADSL nation where the 'phone and ADSL are on seperate ports and the ADSL cable is a high speed ADSL specific one.
My compuetr has onboard NIC, made sure I have the latest drivers for Windows XP. Tried disabling the onboard NIC and fitting a 10/100 PCI NIC, no change. Since signing up for the Max DSL service I have reformatted the computer and reinstalled.
I was considering changing ISP when on Thursday I suddenly got the spped hike for a couple of hours. This proves to me that I ma capable of getting more than 1800 kbps. I went through the broadband fault checker on the portal and the reponse I got from Plusnet was
The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found
According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service.
Is there anything I am missing? Is there anything you can recommend I try now?
Many thanks in advance for your time.
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Sorry, Speed again

Raise a ticket if no one picks it up here asking them to kick your stable rate quoting the BT Speedtest results.
Hopefully a rep will pick it up here first.
It looks as though the delta report from BT wasn't received/picked up.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
A quick line check on BTs system showed you at a 6.5mb profile, I've updated the one on workplace to match. If you disconnect for a few minutes then reconnect you should get the faster speed.
Hope that helps, sorry for the hassle,
stratton

Thanks for your help Gentlemen. Very much appreciated.
Thinkbroadband test now shows download speed of 5.9mbps.
One happier bunny now.