cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somethings changed with my connection.

kevyandrean
Grafter

Somethings changed with my connection.

Hello all, Iv recently been having problems with my connection dropping. That has been fixed but i have some new issues now.
Firstly my downloads take ages. I done a speed test and its only hitting 2.5mbps I was getting around 6 avarage . Before i changed address  i was getting 26 so the drop to 6 was huge, 2.5 is pathetic Sad Also my man plays alot of games, quake live,war thunder,battlefield play 4 free and hes saying his ping is 3 times higher than it was a few weeks back.  Any ideas folks? can someone take a look for me please?
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Somethings changed with my connection.

Hi, you should be getting about 4.4Mb according to your profiles, but I can see it's dropped a bit due to the SNR target moving up to 12dB - interleaving probably won't help much there either.
The connection's definitely stable, so it might be possible to SNR reset and drop the target SNR to 9 or 6dB, but if you could post your router stats up first that'd be great - then we'll be able to advise further Smiley
kevyandrean
Grafter

hello matt. I guess i get all that by logging into my router? Iv tried to log in with admin-password and admin and the password thing on the router with no joy Sad iv also tried my plusnet name and password.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, yes that's right - the details for logging in should be on the card that came with the router? The username is Admin I think (should be auto populated) and the password is the router's serial number (starting CP) with all the letters as capitals.