Did you mean: 

Somethings Wrong

FIXED
Wizhunter
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Somethings Wrong

Hi

Although my internet is showing as connected both at the modem and also the pc I am having problems connecting to the internet (not all of the time) and also connection issues with a game I play (Black Desert Online). The problem started yesterday afternoon when I totally lost connection a few times, I put this down to a BT engineer who was working just up the street from my house, anyway after he left my connection seemed ok until this morning when I couldn't reach my internet homepage which is happening quite regular and also the constant disconnecting which is happening all the time. What I am asking is there anything I can do to try and sort this ?

Any Help Or Advice Would Be Great.

Wiz

2 REPLIES 2
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Somethings Wrong

Hi @Wizhunter

Thanks for getting in touch. I've provided a graph for the last seven days of your connection (and beyond) here.

As you can see, the drops (the red lines) are pretty short in duration and could have been related to the engineering work you've described. However, the remainder of the time shows a stable, consistent connection.

When the drops/lack of connection occur, are you connected to a device via a wifi connection or a wired connection? I'd be curious to ascertain whether the issues persist via a wired connection, as your line is currently operating as I'd expect with no external faults.

I'd suggest monitoring this and if the issues reoccur, particularly via a wired connection, I'd recommend connecting your router to the test socket as shown here and then raising a fault using the facility here.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Dave

Wizhunter
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Somethings Wrong

Fix

Hi

First of all Thank You for your quick response, I finally narrowed it down to a Windows 10 insider update which I rolled back and that sorted everything out.

Thanks Again

Wiz