cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something seems wrong

Mav
Fixes: 515

Something seems wrong

Trying to download a program from the BBC iPlayer site and getting extremely slow speeds (less than 10kB/s most of the time) and it struggles to even start. Eventually, it times out.
A Speedtest.net test struggled to complete but the result is below.
Earlier this morning I was achieving speeds of over 500KB/s. Using JDownloader I am getting between 300/370 but it does fluctuate to 100 or less.
Stopping JDownloader and restarting the BBC program I managed a little over 100kB/s which is about 1/4-1/5 what I can achieve.
I am syncing at 5936 and have a profile of 5000.
One download only from BBc now reduced to just over 20kB/s Sad
Edit: Download timed out at 63.7MB of 357MB Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Something seems wrong

You still having problems Mav? Wondering if this might have been a side effect of the drop last Tuesday.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Something seems wrong

Thanks Bob.
Line speed eventually returned after a while. My apologies for not posting back with this.
I don't think it was anything to do with the link you posted because my downtime happened two days later.
Still having problems syncing lower than I was but that is covered in the BT DLM testing thread.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still