cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sodding Plusnet Speeds

mrp3sky
Dabbler

Sodding Plusnet Speeds

So the bloody speed issues have started again after a couple of weeks of reasonable speed.
On a  8meg line the following is an absolute joke

Any suggestions other than rebooting the router
14 REPLIES 14
danger11
Grafter

Re: Sodding Plusnet Speeds

Welcome to the club  Grin

Try calling plusnet..... On  0114 296 5198
Dont call there 0845 number, as they make cash from there messups..
mrp3sky
Dabbler

Done the required BT Speedtest and these are the results
Download speedachieved during the test was - 437 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-500 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 500 Kbps
zubel
Community Veteran

That indicates an issue between you and the exchange - there has been a low-sync event which has caused your profile to drop to 500.
This part has nothing to do with Plusnet, and everything to do with you and BT.
Have you changed anything with your telephones recently?  Plugged in a new Sky box or phone (even briefly) without a filter?
This may have been a one-off, but due to the way that the BT DLM systems work, it can take up to 3 days for your profile to return to normal.
B.
mrp3sky
Dabbler

No nothing new has been added or plugged in.
These things do seem to be happening very frequently, what are the suggestions.
Cheers
dick:quote
MrMarky72

To cause the IP Profile to get messed up can be a number of problems,   Interference is usually the main culprit,   thunder and lighting  or even xmas tree lights, adsl router plugged into a extra long cable, Wireless House Phone, bad filter, any number of things.
Once the Profile is messed up it takes the BT Computers a few days to catch up again,   sometimes doing a speed test on www.speedtester.bt.com might speed things up if you try that a few times.

-----snip----------
~ How often does it change?
Previously your IP profile would be amended within 75 mins for a decrease in sync speed, or after 3 days for an increase in sync speed. Obviously this arrangement wasn't always the best solution since it could take several days to recover from one bad sync period such as during a thunderstorm.
With effect from Aug 2007, BT will introduce "Adaptive Max Logic" which will replace both the 3 day system and Blip logic. This should be of benefit to those who have suffered from an unusually low sync, although smaller increases will take a bit longer.
Your IP profile will continually change whilst you are on a maxdsl service dependant upon the speed at which you connect to the exchange at. Good Lines will seldom see any changes, but long lines are subject to frequent changes depending upon the connection speed.
Because of the way SNR behaves, most lines will achieve a better sync speed during the early part of the day than in the evenings.

-----------snip-------------
itsme
Grafter

My experience of BT's DLM has been very good. After a blip my IP profile on BT's side have returned to normal either 4, 12 or 24 hours after a resync. See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,85521.0.html on I post I have made questioning PN speed to update the profile on their side.
omarplus

Quote from: Barry
That indicates an issue between you and the exchange - there has been a low-sync event which has caused your profile to drop to 500.
This part has nothing to do with Plusnet, and everything to do with you and BT.
Have you changed anything with your telephones recently?  Plugged in a new Sky box or phone (even briefly) without a filter?
This may have been a one-off, but due to the way that the BT DLM systems work, it can take up to 3 days for your profile to return to normal.
B.

It is the same with me, and as I can see, many others, and yet Plusnet blame it on everybody but the obvious inept service they provide. I have already started to look for another ISP and having asked Plusenet for the MAC code, all they do is ask me to ring an 0845 number to do it. Is this legal? Do I have to ring a chargeable number to end a rubbish service?
I too have not done anything to my line, it just suddenly dropped from around three weeks ago and the best speed I've been getting has been ( half ) 0.5 Mbps when I'm paying for 8 Mbps.
I don't want any answers from those paid by plusnet, but from customers who are suffering like me. I think I will take this onto a public forum to warn those people in the south who are thinking about joining plusnet after the recent advertising campaign, about what to expect. Terrible service and worse customer care ...
mrp3sky
Dabbler

I will be ringing up Monday morning for my MAC as they really do not care one little bit, my contract is up in June anyway so will simply move elsewhere a little bit sooner. So much for treating loyal customers well, what am i saying they don't treat any customer very well from looking on here and other forums,
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Make sure you find a cable provider (or possibly an LLU provider), or you will certainly be taking your problem with you. If you do, and you find an ISP who take more trouble to help you than Plusnet, I hope you'll post back here to astonish us.
omarplus

Quote from: mrp3sky
I will be ringing up Monday morning for my MAC as they really do not care one little bit, my contract is up in June anyway so will simply move elsewhere a little bit sooner. So much for treating loyal customers well, what am i saying they don't treat any customer very well from looking on here and other forums,

I am ringing Monday too. My contract ends in September, but I cannot stand this rubbish service any longer ... Plusnet is the worst ISP I have ever been with. All have their problems and don't give a hoot about their customers, but with the others, at least you get some decent speeds. The last few weeks, I've been lucky to reach 0.5 Mbps. Plusnet are a joke ..
mrp3sky
Dabbler

My speed has gone from
Wednesday 21st

to
Now
win7xp
Grafter

Cross posting will only get you 1 thing - the wrath of the mods.
If you want your problem sorted vote with your feet
mrp3sky
Dabbler

After a few phone calls and finally speaking to someone who knows what I was requesting. A change at plusnet's side and a reboot of the router I have the following

If you have speed problems then run BT Speedtester see what the sync is on there, then check your sync profile on plus.net. I found a major difference i.e BT=7150 and Plus=500, the person on the phone simply changed Plus Sync Profile to match and it worked fine.
Why they couldn't do this last thursday or saturday is beyond me
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because last Thursday at just before midnight you reported an IP profile of 500kbps