cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snyc Speed & Connection Speed

Compit

Snyc Speed & Connection Speed

I am using a Zoom ADSL modem 5510B, modem is showing a conection speed of 4992 kbs.  My sync speed on Plusnet is 3500 kbs, have done a speed test today and the following results have been obtained
    IP profile for your line is - 2000 kbps
    DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)  4992 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1802 kbps
Not sure what to make of these figures.
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Snyc Speed & Connection Speed

Hi there,
It looks like this has picked up a bit as the profile at BTs end and on the account is now 4mb. I would have upped it for you but it's already been done automatically.
Might be worth checking for any kind of interference as profile drops usually come after interference drops the connection. I'm thinking electrical items plugged in nearby, or possibly phones plugged into sockets without filters etc.
Hope that helps,
MightyMouse
Grafter

Well , my Broadband was activated on saturday.
I did a speed test  on two or three different sites , and was geting speeds of approx 2.8 mb
Next day it went down to about 2.4mb .
For the last 3 days it's been approx 1.9mb, but it's stayed
steady at that
BUT, I have tried at least half a dozen times over the last 2 days to do the BT speedtest . I have got as far as it saying "Testing ......please wait " . I have waited at least 5 minutes on each occasion,  but it will not progress any further .
MightyMouse
Grafter

Thanks, everything seems to  be connected correctly.
I was just wondering why I was unable to complete  the Bt speedtest that's all.
I  did see somewhere on this forum that the BT speedtest could be temperamental , that's why I kept trying it, as it  did work on I think my first day of activation .
MightyMouse
Grafter

I don't believe it !!!
With ref  to my earlier post  on download speed, I have just done another speedtest on Broadband.org ( the same site as the last few days
and ...............
WHOOSH I did 3 speedtests as I couldn't believe  what I saw the  first  time The 3 tests varied from  4.66 to 5.5mbps
approx
up from yesterday's 1.9mbps approx
MightyMouse
Grafter

Not arf !!!!
If it keeps this speed and is reliable, I will be more than happy, Especially as my computer repairman told me that I wasn't likely to get more than 2mbs in this  Village
Compit

Quote from: orbrey
Hi there,
It looks like this has picked up a bit as the profile at BTs end and on the account is now 4mb. I would have upped it for you but it's already been done automatically.
Might be worth checking for any kind of interference as profile drops usually come after interference drops the connection. I'm thinking electrical items plugged in nearby, or possibly phones plugged into sockets without filters etc.
Hope that helps,

Many thanks
Latest result carried out today at around 22:45
is

IP profile for your line is - 4000 kbps
    DSL connection rate:
      448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    6624 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was
  3638 kbps
What do these figures mean?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The test shows that at the time of test your router was synced with the exchange at 6624kbps. If your router sustains that for 3-5 days your IP Profile (idealised throughput) will increase to 5500kbps with actual throughput (download speed) around 4900kbps at non-busy times.
However if reduced noise margin causes your sync to be lost then regained at a lower speed (to restore noise margin to a satisfactory value) the IP Profile will be set appropriate to that lower speed.
David
James
Grafter

Hi Compit,
I would strongly advise having a read of the speed faults troubleshooting guide, which you can see in my signature.
It explains what your results mean.  It even has pictures Smiley