cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart tv samsung and Internet

mortons4
Dabbler

Smart tv samsung and Internet

Hi have just bought samsung smart tv, connecting through thomson wireless. All was ok at first but now although it finds router and sometimes says connected, every time I go into the web browser I get the message to say network not connected, I go through again and sometimes get connected to network but not Internet other times connected to Internet . Any advice please Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Smart tv samsung and Internet

I think that you'll get detailed assistance from Samsung, rather than this forum.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I have a Samsung TV billed as "smart" but a couple of years old now so maybe not so smart as the current ones.  This came without a built-in wireless adaptor so I bought one that was supposed to be compatible but never got it to work properly.  It would connect and work when I set it up but all the settings were lost each time I switched off the TV.  More recently I have used a wireless range extender with an Ethernet output http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-WN3000RP-Universal-Range-Extender/dp/B0055Y6PUA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q... which I connect to the TV.
On the other hand, if your Thomson router is a few years old it might be one that needs a firmware upgrade to overcome some wireless problems.  Which model do you have?   
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It could well be the TV if the built in WiFi is connecting to the network fine but not to the internet.
Let us know how you get on with Samsung.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team